Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I look for my stolen Ridgeback Tempest Hybrid?

Options
  • 18-08-2009 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My pride and joy - Ridgeback Tempest Hybrid was whipped away at the Luas stop at Stephens Green. Some Houdini type tricks were used to compromise my expensive lock. The theif was seen carrying by bike away above his head by some bystander in disbelief and into the flats around the corner.

Word of warning - Gaurds said that another was whipped five minutes before mine. So if you love your bike, don't lock it at Stephens Green!

Anyway, I'm on the lookout for my bike. Have been driving around the area at weekends seeing if I can spot it. Does anyone know of anywhere that is currently selling stolen bikes. I checked out that place at the bottom of Parnell Street a few times, but it is very quiet and always locked up any time I've been down.

Guy I work with today, got his bike back after 6 months. He was walking down O'Connell street and there it was locked up. Called Gaurds and the bike was free within 30 minutes - Gaurds should learn how to open the locks from the thiefs :D

Any tips would be much appreciated.

The Cuse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Sorry to hear about that. This mentions another possible location, although it is quite an old article now.

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/72315

There was a thread on here a while back about someone spotting their bike on sale on ebay, so that and adverts.ie, etc. might be worth watching.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of lock set-up did you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, Stephens Green is a hot-spot for theives. Mates bikes was taken off a railing there just opposite the luas stop. He was only gone a few minutes and it was taken. Right in public view too, not many will stop a thief nowadays it seems. What was worse was the bike was less than six months old after his previous one was nicked out of his back garden!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭triv88

thecuse wrote: »
    My pride and joy - Ridgeback Tempest Hybrid was whipped away at the Luas stop at Stephens Green. Some Houdini type tricks were used to compromise my expensive lock. The theif was seen carrying by bike away above his head by some bystander in disbelief and into the flats around the corner.

Word of warning - Gaurds said that another was whipped five minutes before mine. So if you love your bike, don't lock it at Stephens Green!

Anyway, I'm on the lookout for my bike. Have been driving around the area at weekends seeing if I can spot it. Does anyone know of anywhere that is currently selling stolen bikes. I checked out that place at the bottom of Parnell Street a few times, but it is very quiet and always locked up any time I've been down.

Guy I work with today, got his bike back after 6 months. He was walking down O'Connell street and there it was locked up. Called Gaurds and the bike was free within 30 minutes - Gaurds should learn how to open the locks from the thiefs :D

Any tips would be much appreciated.

The Cuse

Sorry to hear that mate,i know the feeling.Check out any of those sites like buy and sell or the equivalent.Its along shot though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Right in public view too, not many will stop a thief nowadays it seems.

There is too much to risk by interfering with a thief. I'd probably not even do it with my own bike. The bike can be replaced. A lovely big stab wound can cause too much time off the replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jinka

Came out of the Gpo arcade many years ago to find a bloke cycling my bike away down the road. Chased after him and got it. Was class. was like BOLT chasing him.
    He was a little fat middle aged turd and shoted "ill box the head off you"

Then it was robbed outside a library in Tallaght...ah well.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

How was it locked and with what lock?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,742 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I'd also be very interested to know what lock you were using, make and type, if possible. And how you locked the bike.

It might help to increase the forum's knowledge of what thieves are doing these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Let it go. Its gone. You need to spend more on a better lock next time.

Advertisement