Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto.

Options
  • 26-07-2014 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭

20 pack for 5.49 from Thursday in Aldi.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,570 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

kneemos wrote: »
    20 pack for 5.49 from Thursday in Aldi.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Not sure of the pack size in Aldi, but Tesco have 12 +6 free for €3.95 at the moment 18 x 25g bags

IDShot_225x225.jpg
    Tayto C&O 12Pk+6Free 450G €3.95
    If the packs in Aldi are 25 g, the Tesco offer is equivalent to €4.38 for 20

edit: Packs in Aldi are 25g

Was in the Tayto factory and suprised to see they make the Aldi Snackrite crisps as well as the Supervalue own brand crisps.
    Can't tell the difference between Aldi crisps and Tayto except in my wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

CH3OH wrote: »
    Not sure of the pack size in Aldi, but Tesco have 12 +6 free for €3.95 at the moment 18 x 25g bags

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Yeah, the secret to getting value in food is to always check the weight and not the fancy packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flyandrain

came back from Dundrum Tesco, they have plenty of stock in shop, but DOB is 24th October. only three months shelf lift left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭johnire

Hee hee. Not a problem in my house. They will be scoffed well before that!!!!
    flyandrain wrote: »
    came back from Dundrum Tesco, they have plenty of stock in shop, but DOB is 24th October. only three months shelf left.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Was in the Tayto factory and suprised to see they make the Aldi Snackrite crisps as well as the Supervalue own brand crisps.
    Which factory?

I always thought it was Tayto NI who made those crisps.

The Aldi/SV ones don't taste like the Irish/Largo Tayto anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Saw these in their offer booklet yesterday, hardly a deal, Tayto have the €2 9 packs back on sale atm, they work out 5c a pack cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

They also make/own King Crisps, Hunky Dory's, Perri crisps, okey dokeys (aldi), Toolz etc.

Different recipes / potato grades etc can be used too depending on the product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

flyandrain wrote: »
    came back from Dundrum Tesco, they have plenty of stock in shop, but DOB is 24th October. only three months shelf lift left.

DOB?
    Do you mean BB?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

Obviously.
    Armelodie wrote: »
    DOB?
    Do you mean BB?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

CH3OH wrote: »

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Or an 18 pack of mixed flavours Cheese and Onion (6) / Smokey Bacon (6) / Salt and Vinegar (6) for €4.09

Checked out the Tayto 18 pack in Maynooth yesterday evening- Best before 14th September (I checked in or around 40 bags- trying to find a longer BB date).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Yeah, the secret to getting value in food is to always check the weight and not the fancy packet.

The secret to to not turning into a fat crisp eating pig is to go for the smaller packets with less weight.

Twas Not wrote: »
    The secret to to not turning into a fat crisp eating pig is to go for the smaller packets with less weight.

Nope. Its to ration them as treats- and to ensure you get sufficient exercise- which is where most of us fall down........

Nope. Its to ration them as treats- and to ensure you get sufficient exercise- which is where most of us fall down........

1 25gram bag per day is better that 1 40gram bag per day, no?

1 25gram bag per day is better that 1 40gram bag per day, no?

Only insofar as you exercise- and its part of a balanced diet.
    Its entirely conceivable that the person eating the 40grm bag could be considerably fitter and in better health- than the person eating the smaller bag.

Just because you eat the smaller bag- doesn't mean you're being healthy.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

That's not cheap!
    I get an 18-pack of King (but Tayto is also available) from my local shop for €3!

Only insofar as you exercise- and its part of a balanced diet.
    Its entirely conceivable that the person eating the 40grm bag could be considerably fitter and in better health- than the person eating the smaller bag.

Just because you eat the smaller bag- doesn't mean you're being healthy.......

Levels of exercise is a moot point here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ya sure, who the hell just eats one of the smaller packet?
    If the packets are small I eat a second one to compensate.... and then a third one to deal with the post traumatic stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I was referring to food in general, but if you think smaller crisp packets helps to eat less you must be lacking motivation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Tayto factory in Dublin went on fire last night it was burned to a crisp!

Advertisement