Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for Trolling?

Options
  • 01-04-2015 4:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hi there was banned for apparent trolling and sniping, in the parenting thread, talking about a anti-vaxxers.. I dispute the claims made by Orion, and would like him to explain his actions, and in particular explain why others on the thread were allowed to proceed, particularly those who were talking with me?

Cheers.

(I have talked to the mod, but as usually, they stick to their guns and just shovel you off to DR)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hi sleepyheadh
    I am looking into this for you now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hi sleepyheadh

There were two on thread mod warnings before you joined the discussion.

You then received a mod warning directly to you, asking you to stop posting on the thread. You argued on thread with a mod regarding a mod instruction, which is actionable sitewide on its own.
    This post was deleted but you further disregarded the mod instruction and continued to post on thread.

I am upholding the ban for this reason as you were given ample warnings, and I suggest you take the time to reflect on the charter and sitewide rules regarding mod warnings. If you have a problem with mods or mod actions in future you should take them to PM rather than disrupt a thread. This applies in any forum.

However I am going to recommend your second red card be lifted as it was for the same offence you were banned.

You may appeal to an admin if you want, let us know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

I would like to bring the posts which I received that ban for into question themselves.

I do not feel that they were trolling, or insulting, in fact, similar posts had been made previously in the thread and were overlooked.

The posts themselves for which you received a ban were arguing with a mod on thread, and then continuing to post disregarding a moderator's instructions. It's as straightforward as that. Both your red cards and your ban state the reason was ignoring mod instruction.
    This is my final word on this.

Can you please let us know if you would like to appeal to an admin, or instead want to proceed with my recommendation of upholding the ban and lifting the second red card. thanks

Obviously its hard for me to make an argument, when I am unable to see the thread, or my own posts.

But I would like to make a point that the comments I made which I received the warning for, and subsequent ban, were harmless and did not break any rules. Therefore, why should the Mod be able to just arbitrarily make a decision that they are not exceptable and warn me.

I would like to see the rule I broke in the first instance, the comment that started the whole thing off.

• Advertisement

This DRP is regarding your ban and I have explained your ban fairly clearly. It was for arguing with a mod instruction. This is absolutely breaking rules as I have explained already.

If you want to dispute the warning separately I would advise you PM the mod about it, as you should have originally done. This is how you gain clarification on a warning, make your case, maybe resolve the issue. If you don't resolve it by PM at that stage, you then open a DRP.
    You do not continue to argue with the mod on thread.

If you want to see your posts, log out.

The next step in this DRP is that you will confirm if you accept my decision or if you are requesting an admin review - I am not getting into further back and forth on this.

bluewolf wrote: »
    This DRP is regarding your ban and I have explained your ban fairly clearly. It was for arguing with a mod instruction. This is absolutely breaking rules as I have explained already.

If you want to dispute the warning separately I would advise you PM the mod about it, as you should have originally done.

If you want to see your posts, log out.

The next step in this DRP is that you will confirm if you accept my decision or if you are requesting an admin review - I am not getting into further back and forth on this.

So just for clarification, if a Mod says that 2+2=5, and you disagree, you will be banned, correct!

I would like to request an Admin, looks at this please. Bluewolf, appears to be getting a little hostile.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Boards rules are, and always have been very clear - arguing mod decisions on-thread is not permitted because it derails threads and will in all likelihood result in a mod action. And not only were you arguing with the mod on-thread, but you ignored an explicit instruction not to post on the thread again to do so. Then shortly afterwards you continued posting as if nothing had happened. I fail to see where the issue here is, it's quite clear that you refused to follow the mod instructions so there was little choice but to ban you. Ban upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement