Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Warning

Options
  • 19-03-2015 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've received a warning from mod bbability on the thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057398145. I was told the warning was for being uncivil, with an explanation of what that can mean. I replied to his pm 2 days ago asking for him to point out where my post could be construed as being uncivil and have not received any reply.
    Both my posts on the thread - I'm the op - have been deleted, so I can't even tell you for sure what I posted.

I'd be grateful if someone could take a look at this.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I will look into this if needed, but first can you please wait for a reply from bbability. Mods are volunteers and may not be available to respond immediately. If there has not been a reply in a couple of days we can then continue here, but I urge you to try to reach a resolution first or at least see the reason for the yellow card from the perspective of the mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Firblog

I've no problem waiting another while for him to log back on and reply, however - I don't know if you can see my post that he deleted - don't think there was anything in there that would warrant a warning in bold, never mind a straight yellow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

We can look back and see deleted/modified posts. This will be taken into consideration if necessary, but for a warning I do urge you to try to sort things out first. A warning is just that and is not a ban or even an infraction.

What ever it is, it is unwarranted and will stay on my record unless appealed and removed.

I've been in further contact with bbability, he's not willing to remove the yellow so would appreciate if you could have a look at the postings on the thread to see what you think.

Cheers

• Advertisement

I am looking into this but waiting for a reply to a PM.

Any update?

Have been away. Will be be back to you soon.

Have looked into this. Unfortunately bbability has been ill and has not been able to reply to my PM.

In my opinion the post which resulted in the Warning was technically within the Charter and operation of the forum. On the other hand the post could be considered to be in poor taste and could have offended some as it appeared only a few hours after the funeral of Tony Fenton. The post was edited and I assume the Warning was issued as a message to not post in the same style and head off a train crash of a thread.

I have had a PM conversation with Firblog and feel he was not trolling and did not mean the post to be offensive. I also can see how a Moderator reading the post could consider it a bit close to the bone and issue a warning. This too could be considered fair.

Firblog is concerned about this Warning being on his permanent record. In looking into this matter I have looked into his record and can see that there has been a few issues in other forums quite some time ago but nothing recently and no issues in the Radio Forum.

What I propose is that if Firblog accepts that the original post (deleted section sent) could have been seen by some as being in poor taste, even though that was not the intent, then I will request the Warning to be rescinded.

As this offer has not been taken up this can be closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement