Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: Permanent Ban - Athletics/Running - Events

Options
  • 09-04-2015 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Three weeks ago, I sent a PM to the Mod who imposed a Permanent Ban, apologising and giving, for clarity purposes, and for Mod information only, further detail about my post matter. I haven't received a reply. I've been away a lot since, so didn't follow up until now.

I pasted one of the FAQ items in my public post, not intending it as an attempt at Moderation, backseat or otherwise. In hindsight, I fully understand how it might be seen as backseat moderation and, again, apologise.

I didn't notice, until yesterday, the note about multiple accounts. I don't have another account on Boards, but I have occasional access to a computer that is being used by others on Boards.

I've been browsing Boards for several months and this was my first post. I've been trying to find out the protocol for permanent bans, with little success. I feel that a permanent ban was extremely severe, and wish to appeal it.

PS: I accidentally/unintentionally posted this in the Athletics/Running forum. Since edited to remove that post. I'm frantically trying to find out how to delete it.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Felix 17 wrote: »
    Three weeks ago, I sent a PM to the Mod who imposed a Permanent Ban, apologising and giving, for clarity purposes, and for Mod information only, further detail about my post matter. I haven't received a reply. I've been away a lot since, so didn't follow up until now.
    Have you tried following this up directly with the mod, or are you saying this appeal is your "follow-up"? If you have not already done so could you please drop the mod a PM if you would like him to reconsider the ban
    I didn't notice, until yesterday, the note about multiple accounts. I don't have another account on Boards, but I have occasional access to a computer that is being used by others on Boards.
    What note is this? was it in a PM from the mod?
    PS: I accidentally/unintentionally posted this in the Athletics/Running forum. Since edited to remove that post. I'm frantically trying to find out how to delete it.
    One of the local mods has deleted the thread for you

A CMod will have a look at this for you once you have confirmed you cannot resolve it directly with the mod who banned you

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Felix 17

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you tried following this up directly with the mod, or are you saying this appeal is your "follow-up"? If you have not already done so could you please drop the mod a PM if you would like him to reconsider the ban
    I PM'ed, three weeks ago, the Mod who banned me, but hadn't specifically asked for the ban to be reconsidered, but have done so since your message.
    What note is this? was it in a PM from the mod?
    Yes
    One of the local mods has deleted the thread for you
    I PM'ed the same Mod asking for help - morto, and it was deleted afterwards
    A CMod will have a look at this for you once you have confirmed you cannot resolve it directly with the mod who banned you
    OK. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Felix 17

Following last week's exchange here, I realised that I hadn't asked the Mod specifically to consider my appeal, so I PM'd the Mod again, last Thursday, but haven't got a reply. My original Pm to the Mod was 4 weeks ago today. I didn't get a reply to either PM.

Regards,
    F.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'll have a look at your appeal

Could you forward copies of the PMs you sent to the mod as well as any PMs received from the mod in connection with this issue

Thanks

Thanks for those PMs.

I think there has been some confusion here with the mod believing you were running 2 accounts, which is against site rules. I am not seeing any particular evidence to support that conclusion so I'm going to overturn the ban

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement