Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair banning

Options
  • 08-04-2015 11:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭

Thank God there is this just system in place to reverse bans because I was permanently banned totally unfairly. A mod called Whoopsidasidoodles banned me for two weeks due to holding and displaying a contrary opinion on the gay marriage thread. I was annoyed about that, so upon my return I inappropriately made a reply on a random thread to her mentioning the unfairness. I agree this was inappropriate, but she then hands me a life time ban. I messaged her for an explanation for this unfairness and she gives me a reply along the lines of "It's my decision and I don't like you". Can I have my ban revoked? because what I did truly deserved and infraction if that.

Thank you,

Brendan Cummins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please forward me the PMs that you have exchanged so far with the mod in relation to this ban.
    I would also suggest that you contact the mod again & politely put forward your case to have your ban reconsidered.
    If you both cannot reach a resolution then come back here & I will review your appeal.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

lavdad - Forget what I said about contacting the mod to try & resolve this directly. I have seen your 'contributions' to After Hours & to be honest - you just don't get it. In less than a month you have racked up 1 warning, 2 infractions, 2 temporary bans & finally a permanent ban.

You chose to ignore the warnings & mod instructions given & continued to post complete & utter tripe. While these may be your heartfelt beliefs - this is a private site & we are under no obligation to continue to allow After Hours to be used as a platform for your misogynistic & homophobic statements, never mind the manner in which you refer to people with disabilities & more...

I uphold the ban, & as I mentioned via PM - should you continue to troll other Rec forums your posting privileges to the entire Category will be removed.

You may appeal to the Admins if you wish. (Admins - See here for background info.)

tHB

Advertisement