Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress - problems after log in

Options
  • 05-07-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi all,

I've just installed Wordpress on the apache running on my windows machine (with php and mysql already set up)
    The install went fine, after I log into the admin area instead of bringing me straight to the dashboard I'm brought to an index page of the wp_admin directory. When I click on index.php the dashboard is displayed.
    Also with the test pages and post, when I click to view them it opens it also opens the index and using the following url
    http://localhost:81/wordpress/?page_id=2

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
    Gra

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

My guess would be that it's to do with whatever way you have your 'server' set up.
    I installed Wordpress (among many other scripts) on my Windows machine running XAMPP and to date, I've had no trouble running it.
    I would suggest that you install something ready to go like XAMPP and then go about trying out web applications locally.

Sorry if this doesn't help at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 grainne.obrien

Cheers for that. I took your advice and just removed apache, mysql etc and used xampp to install everything (also turned out my skypr was hogging port 80:mad:) . So after a fresh install of xampp I managed to get everything up and running first time.

i should have discovered this sooner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Usually when you have that problem it's to do with file permissions :)

Handy to know for next time!

Advertisement