Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Designers who just use Joomla/Wordpress

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There seems to be a certain amount of snobbery when it comes to CMS, what difference does it make how the site was built if the end results are what you wanted?

Tim M-U wrote: »
    Im just afraid that if a customer finds out im using a free joomla software, they might think of createing a website by themselves.
    Well sell them a joomla book and wish them good luck. I think you'll find they still want you to make the site. As easy and all as the likes of joomla might seem to you (or anyone in this particular forum) it's still way beyond the average pc user. Be up front and tell them whats happening, tell them you'll set it all up and by using the site they'll gradually learn enough to become self sufficient, they probably never will become self sufficient but will like the thought of not having to pay out for further updates when buying initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

IF all your bringing to the table as a web designer is that you know how to install joomla, then pick another industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EZeeBOS

There is a huge amount of work involved making a wordpress or joomla template from scratch. You would have to charge megabucks for a totally customised WP or joomla site because the design and grachics are easy enough but then ya have to go coding php too.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EZeeBOS

Tim M-U wrote: »
    hi

I use coffeecup site designer, (coffeecup.com ). Its great! theres a ftp loader too built in!.

I use to use CoffeeCup and found the preview tab very handy as you dont have to save the page every time you want to preview it in a browser.

I'm gone back using Dreamweaver. It's the king of code. I think its worth the money.

Advertisement