Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Higher Diploma in Computer Science ICT skills level 8 WIT

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

If Software Development is the area you want to get into then yes. If not then CCNA or Msca would be a better option if you want to get work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

If Software Development is the area you want to get into then yes. If not then CCNA or Msca would be a better option if you want to get work.

How many of the CCNA courses would be enough to get a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

How many of the CCNA courses would be enough to get a job?

Off the top of my head you have 3 CCNA courses. The standard CCNA, CCNA Security and the CCNP for people looking to train others.
    The CCNA courses are aimed at people looking to get into the Network Engineering side of things. Its a tough course but well worth it .

As for the job side of things if it was myself I would start off with the MSCA Certifications some of these include the basics Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows server 2008 & 2012 and all the way up to SQL server. The reason I would recommend starting off on these , they give you the basics if you are looking to get into a System Admin or Desktop support role. Then work your way up to the CCNA'S .

You should have no problem getting work from these, as they are the Industry standard qualifications and recognized world wide unlike a lot of Degrees as I found out myself. A degree is fine for Software Development but for the above a complete waste of time. One final thing is experience don't expect to be on an excellent wage it will take you about 5 years and you will be looking at anything from 30 k upwards. Best of luck which ever route you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ken McCarthy

Hi,

I think I may have replied by email earlier to a broadly similar query about the same course. I am the Coordinator for this and the Springboard Programmes offered in WIT and I can say that this course has proved very successful for participants to date.

The course includes a six month placement in an IT company or role and in many cases these have led to participants securing ongoing employment with the placement company.

Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments. The 2015 course is currently underway but we hope to offer it again in January 2016 (subject to funding).

Regards

Ken McCarthy

• Advertisement
Advertisement