Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velvet/Felt for Lamp Bases

Options
  • 26-05-2011 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Does anybody here know where I could get self adhesive felt/velvet for the base of a lamp, or for lining the inside of projects like jewelery boxes? Anywhere near the Cork area would be good or also online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

I think ya just buy felt and then glue it on, don't ya? You'll get felt anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,427 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've got some green self adhesive stuff made by Venilia, don't have a clue where I got it though. It's not really felt though, more of a thin flocked cloth.

If you want felt, maybe try a hobby / craft shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dg647

I have tried the felt and glued it on myself but it is just not as good. I bought the self adhesive stuff before and it was very good, easy to cut and looked really well. I will just have to keep on looking I suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Theres a place here in Tullamore that has the self adhesive material in blue, burgundy and green. If you would like me to pick up some and post it just holler.

Thanks very much for the offer woodturner. It was for Junior Cert Woodwork projects I needed it. I found some on Axminster.co.uk, £23 for 4 small rolls of it. It was good stuff and really finished off the projects nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

No probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭D.Craftsman

Hi.Self adhesive felt in available from O'Sullivan Graphics in Camden st, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭D.Craftsman

Hi.Self adhesive felt in available from O'Sullivan Graphics in Camden st, Dublin.It sticks better to a coat of polish than to bare wood.

Thanks very much for that info, I will keep it inmind the next time that I am looking for it cheers.

Advertisement