Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this just Fantasy???

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

That's scarily accurate

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

If I could write that well I could have written that. Love the bit where he's telling the missus that he's only checking the Everton score. Luckily my wife doesn't follow football. She'd be wondering why Spurs played games all weekend and sometimes on Tuesday and Wednesday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭dahat

It's so true it ain't funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Brilliant.

I'm only two seasons in but already dead too. Serious withdrawal this close season without a World Cup to keep me out of mischief. The LOI mid season break nearly finished me altogether!!

The bit about "who go the assist?" is brilliant.....some lad you don't own scores a screamer from 40 yards and your only concern is did if deflect off your player last! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,140 ✭✭✭✭km79

oh God .......so accurate !
    I've been having the debate myself about whether it enhances or reduces my enjoyment of soccer.
    It certainly makes me watch some games more closely than I would have before....... and I'll always have the Tuesday night streaming of the Villa game when captain Benteke hit a hat trick BUT it does take away a little from my own teams games and also some of the other big games!
    ah who am I kidding I love it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I wouldn't care half as much about the Premier League if it wasn't for FF. Shels will always be the priority for me, and other football elsewhere is frequently more easy on the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

"Much like the heroin addict who becomes hooked on methadone, I weaned myself off Football Manager…and onto Fantasy Football."

absolutely brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

That's an excellent piece so true

• Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭CSF

manual_man wrote: »
    "Much like the heroin addict who becomes hooked on methadone, I weaned myself off Football Manager…and onto Fantasy Football."

absolutely brilliant :D

Unfortunately I'm scarily addicted to both. There is no hope here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm scarily addicted to both. There is no hope here.

I weaned myself off Championship Manager many moons ago. Though not before it nearly cost me getting my college thesis handed in on time. Scary how all-engrossing that game was for me. FPL comes a meek 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

That's the best thing i've read in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The name of the blog is fantastic. I'm sure any other fans of The Office and Ricky Gervais will agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He lost me when he said he was in a beer garden at 3.20 and just remembered the 3pm games... that aint no addict in my book :)

By the time 3pm comes you should have obsessed for about 6 hours and watched the early game!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

PARlance wrote: »
    He lost me when he said he was in a beer garden at 3.20 and just remembered the 3pm games... that aint no addict in my book :)

By the time 3pm comes you should have obsessed for about 6 hours and watched the early game!

And he left out the excitement/fear of watching the lineups come in to see if your captain is somehow benched (and you know he'll make that one point cameo).

Advertisement