Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is your favourite type of takeaway?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 hightide

Other [please specify in topic]
    I think whats evident when you read some of the posts is the fact that the emphasis is on quality more than the cuisine. That makes a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I don't like takeaways
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭hank scorpio89

Indian
    chinese hands down although ive never had an indian ! crispy shredded beef in hot garlic sauce lets be honest its deep fried batter there a serious lack of beef but its still glorious crispy won tons are another weakness of mine ..

out of a chipper i have to say a good wharly burger ..a batter burger in a bun with all the dressing i had one tonight needless to day ive a tad bit of a beer belly there all worth it tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Italian
    Murgh makhani, pilau rice and peshwari naan - the healthiest thing from the Indian menu :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

rubadub wrote:
    Weird how they always ask me "is that for here or takeaway", really strange that, and how you see people walking about with KFC bags, wonder what is in them. And why did you say "either", which suggests other places were said not to be takeaways?

Any of those crappy american fast food joints DO NOT qualify as a take away. They are fast food establishments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Puibo wrote: »
    Any of those crappy american fast food joints DO NOT qualify as a take away. They are fast food establishments.
    :confused: seems your own your lonesome with this bizarre logic.

So again, why did you say "either"?

and what is in those KFC bags I see people walking about with?

And I would like to hear more about your citeria about what qualifies as a takeaway?

Is your issue the fact you can sit down and eat in KFC as well as get takeaway? if so then it would full out several italian chippers, indians, chinese -actually the whole list has many places I know of that would be ruled out. And I am not just talking of regular Chinese restaurants that happen to do takeaway food.

rubadub wrote:
     seems your own your lonesome with this bizarre logic.

If i buy an apple in a tesco, dunnes, supervalu etc. Pay for it, put it in a bag and leave the shop. Does this constitute takeaway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Italian
    Zaytoon kebabs! *drools*

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ballinasloex

Indian
    Fusion cuisine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I don't like takeaways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,798 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Puibo - Quit with the pedantry & stick to the spirit of the thread.

tHB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭Red Wolf

Vietnamese
    Patww79 wrote: »

They used to be way bigger back in the day. Still gorgeous though.

Puibo - Quit with the pedantry & stick to the spirit of the thread.

Ive only had my say regarding the topic of takeaway. It would seem to me, you and the other poster have a problem with my opinion......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Indian
    A vegetable curry and fried rice, a basic vegetable dish would sound off-putting to some folk but I have to say it is my favourite meal from riverside Chinese take-away in rivervalley swords co. Dublin. Don't knock it till you have tried it.

Damn munchies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,798 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Puibo wrote: »
    Ive only had my say regarding the topic of takeaway. It would seem to me, you and the other poster have a problem with my opinion......
    Back on-topic please. If you have an issue with my instruction - PM me. Do not comment on mod actions on-thread.

tHB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭descheness

Other [please specify in topic]
    Pizza for daaaays

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Fish and Chips
    Good Vietnamese is always a winner.

Advertisement