Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite type of takeaway?

Options
  • 12-02-2015 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

My favourite type of takeaway is either Supermacs or Chinese.

What is your favourite type of takeaway? 279 votes

Supermacs
    0%
    Traditional Irish food
    3%
    jacksie66xXxkorixXxTechno_ToasterSureYWouldntYawretcheddomainShakerMaker91Tarzana2seventeen sheepdogcatballinasloex 10 votes
    American
    1%
    smithy1981MelendezIsMiseMyselfseventeen sheep 4 votes
    Chinese
    2%
    Kablamo!LegwinskixXxkorixXxRabboLandrseventeen sheep 6 votes
    Indian
    21%
    Alunsmithy1981robbeTar.Aldarionswingkingfred funk }{cee_jayzarquonShenshenBeansBeansaidan24326Kathy22squonkBofaDeezNuhtzDizzyblondenicholieurokevmikomMick55tannytantans 59 votes
    Italian
    24%
    XterminatorKintarō HattoriDrag00n79BatemanAlunJohnKsReq | uTeKsmithy1981cullenswoodTar.AldarionargolistriggermortisShenshenaidan24326TazzermagentisheebusjeebusfoodaholicleahylNexarz 67 votes
    Thai
    2%
    HenwinslonknotknowbodyxXxkorixXxAndonHandonlucylu123seventeen sheep 7 votes
    Vietnamese
    17%
    AlunhardCopy[Deleted User]Tar.Aldarion-=al=-argoliscee_jayzzxxMellorblackdog2nervous_twitchKathy22heebusjeebusdonal7HogzywrithenDizzyblondeL1m1tlesslaoisforliamBassfish 50 votes
    Fish and Chips
    2%
    Johnny_FontanecashbackspuriouslaoisforliamHugo_WhoriskeyPinkLemonade 6 votes
    Pasta
    9%
    snickerpussJohnKFaithaidan24326DizzyblondeMr.DavidOutkast_IREMrs FoxMacy0161LegwinskigreenbicycleSchorpiobiketarditsnotmyfaultvicwatsonc_murphN64mooseknunkleClonmel1000IsMiseMyself 26 votes
    Pizza
    1%
    Kung Laomurray.eoghanseventeen sheep 3 votes
    Other [please specify in topic]
    11%
    JohnKhardCopyTristramShenshenBeansBeanszzxxlaoisforliamMr.DavidDonnieScribblesBobsammyMrs FoxNeonCookieshightidesaintsaltynutsxXxkorixXxAutosportDilly.DoctorDremaamomchocksaway 33 votes
    I don't like takeaways
    2%
    RasTatfak85WhistlejacketMehaffey1sibbyOldMrBrennan83Asarlaiseventeen sheep 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

Vietnamese
    Thai or Pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭kavanada

Italian
    Indian, chicken biriyani with kulcha naan.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Asarlai

I don't like takeaways
    Ethiopian potatoes, Somali-style, with a glaze of German mustard-honey sauce and a garnish of Brazilian salad.

Great value at only 3.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Italian
    Indian, Chicken Tikka or Jalfrezi and pilau rice, yuuuum. Throw in a couple of bhagees, pakoras and samosas too. Few bites of Peshwari naan just to bring on the food coma ;)
    Must try some other stuff too though, I'm not very adventurous!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What's the difference between Italian & Pasta? Also, why is Supermacs mentioned as a type of takeaway? Surely it should be lumped in with McDonalds, BK, etc as 'Burger joint'.

As for my favourites - Fried Chicken (KFC or traditional chipper) or Indian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Asarlai wrote: »
    Ethiopian potatoes, Somali-style, with a glaze of German mustard-honey sauce and a garnish of Brazilian salad.

Great value at only 3.50.

where do you buy that?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Rioja.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Asarlai

I don't like takeaways
    Slaphead07 wrote: »
    where do you buy that?

The takeaway just off the main street in Navan. Can't remember the name right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Italian
    The takeaway just off the main street in Navan. Can't remember the name right now.

Unicorns bullsh1t deli

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭unjedilike

CURRY!!! Vietnamese if possible but I'm not fussy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Indian
    Chinese

Hot & Sour Soup
    King Do Chicken boiled rice
    Prawn Crackers

Thai

Pad Thai

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I don't like takeaways
    I love a proper kebab, fresh baked bread, chunks of quality lamb, loads of salad and plenty of garlic yoghurt/ tahini sauce!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Why is there no option for normal chipper food?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Why is there no option for normal chipper food?

Thats the Supermacs option. ;)

I would say Chinese but herself prefers Indian so we always get Indian or Pizza.

For me, you get a better range of tastes and sensations with Chinese.

syklops wrote: »
    Thats the Supermacs option. ;)

I would say Chinese but herself prefers Indian so we always get Indian or Pizza.

For me, you get a better range of tastes and sensations with Chinese.

SuperMacs isnt chipper food <shock horror>. I mean Italian Chipper food - snack boxes, chips, battered sausages, proper burgers, spice burgers, battered mushrooms, onion rings etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

The one with the nightly specials? I stayed in the hotel there for a week with work and I ate chipper in the room every night. So glad I'm not working there as I'd be the size of a house by now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

MrWalsh wrote: »
    SuperMacs isnt chipper food <shock horror>. I mean Italian Chipper food - snack boxes, chips, battered sausages, proper burgers, spice burgers, battered mushrooms, onion rings etc...

Supermacs:

Snack boxes - check
    chips - check
    onion rings - check.

Not sure what you mean by "proper" burgers.

You are right though, there should be an option for chipper, not an option for one specific brand of burger joint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

American
    This post has been deleted.

syklops wrote: »
    Supermacs:

Snack boxes - check
    chips - check
    onion rings - check.

Not sure what you mean by "proper" burgers.

You are right though, there should be an option for chipper, not an option for one specific brand of burger joint.

Supermacs chips arent real chips!! And the onion rings arent deep fried battered onion circles! I never had their snack boxes.

By proper burger I mean a proper meaty burger, not a flattened supermaccy type one. If a burger comes in a polystyrene box its not a proper burger (Ill have to apologise though, my last foray into a supermacs was probably around the time of the last Feile in Thurles so it may be different to how I think it is but to me its just the same as McDonalds or Burger King or anywhere where the food isnt "real")

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Pasta
    I voted for fish and chips, but I love Thai food too. I'm a huge pho fan, but I don't have bowls big enough to hold it so I always eat in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

What would be served in a 'traditional irish food' takeaway?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Pasta
    I like Thai, Chinese and fish & chips equally :)

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Indian
    Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I mean that as if you go to a restaurant or bar and b&b and they give you bacon and cabbage. You bring this to your home.

Vietnamese
    Mint Sauce wrote: »

Breakfast Roll?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

As for my favourites - Fried Chicken (KFC or traditional chipper) or Indian.

KFC isnt a takeaway either.....

Vietnamese
    Puibo wrote: »
    KFC isnt a takeaway either.....[/

Bargain Buckets are designed to take away?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

Harvey norman also has bargains. Is that a takeaway too?

Vietnamese
    Harvey norman also has bargains. Is that a takeaway too?

Do they do sit down food and food designed to take away and eat elsewhere? If not then no Harvey Normans is not a "Take Away"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

You ain't seen nothin' unless you've experienced the Great Chinese Takeaway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

KFC isnt a takeaway either.....
    In all my years eating KFC (oh, the shame!) I have eaten-in twice. Once in Crumlin in the '70's & recently in Omni in Santry.

The other significant number of times (considering it is one of my favourites) have been...

* drum roll for suspense *

...takeaway!!!!! :pac:

Advertisement