Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet Stasis

Options
  • 22-04-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Howdy,

Introducing (finally...) No Sozopol's debut album 'Now That We Have Your Attention'.

If you like broody, catchy and melodic indie/alt rock then I think you'll like this.

Stream all songs and download the album for free at www.sweetstasis.com

News on videos and further releases etc will be updated here. Hope you enjoy it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SweetStasis

I'm posting for no other reason than the thread has had 100 views. And that the first video is finished - will post up some stills from the shoot and then the video soon.

Have Soundcloud player on the homepage now instead of Bandcamp one - seems a little easier (I think) to stream songs with it. www.sweetstasis.com

Here is the first single and the video for said single...Claustrophobia

All info on the production team etc is in the Youtube description

thanks to all at Zenith Media Productions

Few snaps from the video shoot:

At website

On Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Reminds me of Vampire Weekend a little, nice sound.

cheers dude, interesting comparison - and one I'll gladly accept...

• Advertisement

Album review here

Thanks to Justin McDaid at Goldenplec.

My first soundtrack for the the short film 'Callling' by Zenith Media Productions.

First ever Preview Pane tracks up - 2 very different tunes. Online for about 48 hours -

What's the Preview Pane? Check it out here

Bit of news

Some cool stuff I guess:

- Dave Fanning was kind enough to play two tracks ('Claustrophobia' & 'Demist My Head Freeze My Heart') on his show

- Steve Lamacq tweeted about the album and made it his 'new music recommendation of the day' - pretty cool as I love BBC6 - link

- Also plays on Phantom (Icon) and NearFM

- The video for Claustrophobia will be screened at the Cork Film Festival in the '2012 'MADE IN CORK' SHORTS' section. So well done to the lads in Zenith Media Productions and all involved in the video. Link

Apart from that...f*ck all else really! For anyone interested in what's happening...

I haven't put much/any money into promotion but have sent a LOT of emails here there and everywhere. I've been very organised and very targeted. Disappointing but perhaps unsurprising lack of support from radio and bloggers in Ireland in general. (Thanks to those he did - I think I mentioned them in above posts). The lovingly home-made albums & sleeves which Steve Lamacq refers to in his tweet were sent to practically every reasonably well matched DJ/show in Ireland but Dave Fanning and Cathal Funge (Phantom) were the only ones that seem to have noticed at all I find that particularly disheartening.

Not sour grapes believe me, just an eye opener I guess into how hard it really is to get through without a very very focussed (and expensive probably) campaign and how willingly stuff is clearly just binned if its unsolicited no matter what it looks or sounds like. Then again on that point, it was heartening to think that the heavy-weigihts I thought least likely to respond (like Lamacq and Fanning) did. It's very clear that unless its round the clock plays, and on a daytime/highprofile show, it won't translate in to hits etc. And also, I must release better music.

I'm not gigging either and that hardly helps. I'm waiting to release my own stuff to promote it properly and when I do I had already decided that I'll just skip the emerald isle and look further afield where the real action is - if anything happens Ireland's media jump on the bandwagon anyway. The new stuff is going to be better basically. I had already decided just to do a couple o vids for this album, bit of cheapy promo and then move on.

So there'll be another video soon for 'Demist My Head Freeze My Heart' and then on to the next chapter. I mind sound negative but believe me it's all good...

Thanks to anyone who downloaded the album and is interested in what's going on. Hope you don't mind my candid state of the nation post. Don't forget to tell people about the music if you like it :)

Long time... :)

I'm out on my on now. Doing solo stuff and stuff for licensing. - www.sweetstasis.com

I also have a load of stuff up on https://soundcloud.com/stasissounds

Facebook

Here's a video for a release lately. - the song is called 'No Sir no Surrender'. It's a slower/more tender one - they won't all be like this. Hope you like it.

Big thanks to Alex Caldwell for making the video happen - www.alexwcaldwell.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement