Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do your parents open your post ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

No, but I occasionally open theirs! :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My parents don't open mine, I don't open theirs. The system works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

When I did live at home, they never opened my post but I ask them to now as I'm abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

even when i was a kid my parents never opened my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Ruu wrote: »
    When I did live at home, they never opened my post but I ask them to now as I'm abroad.

Same here, If its from the bank or Tax office etc. then they'll open it and call/email me to tell me what it says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Open theirs. Comment on how much they are earning and how little their pension is.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

my mother has this complex, that any post is her post.
    thank god i can get stuff delivered to the mail room here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Yep when I lived at home they were always at it and then handing me the open letters, so I started opening all theirs...it soon stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Nope, they respect my privacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

My mother opens everones post, really annoying , Her excuse is she thought it said her name:mad: really annoying, esp with bank statement, dont want anyone seeing them, tbh i dont even want to see them :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Send yourself a letter with lettering cut out of newspaper (like a ransom note) telling yourself to "deliver the package"...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

No but they can probably guess what it is just by looking at it.

With that said I don't recieve post too often.

Though this reminds me of how when I was younger, when I use to get pissed off because they wouldn't open their damn post. I still get a little annoyed by it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

They never open my post. Don't understand why parents would tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

My parents would get a hounding if they opened my post, i would never open theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I don't even open my post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Though I now have my own flat, quite alot of my post still gets sent to my parents house. My mother lets me know that it has arrived and if there is any indication of who it's from on the envelope. If it's something that sounds urgent and not private I ask her to open it and tell me what it says rather than wait for it to be posted on. But she would never dream of opening my post without my permission and I would think it was totally out of order if anyone did.

• Moderators Posts: 51,709 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Generally no, as I don't live at home. But some letters do still get posted to the dads house. If I'm expecting something important, I have asked him to open it for me to check whats in the envelope. Aside from that he doesn't open my mail.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

No they don't open my post. When I lived abroad and it looked like it was very important they did it in that regard. If it was really important they would send it on to me unopened. When I ordered gig tickets when I was living in Malta they thought it was them so they sent them on to me. Really excited as I was coming back for Christmas. They turned out to be a pair of raffle tickets to win a washing machine from the N17 store in Galway! When I think about it now, oh sweet lord....how I cringed. My ex's family opened my mail "just to check", very nosy Maltese they were!!! (This when they would visit and the mail was delivered to my apartmant.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Yes, I have the same name as my dad and I'm living abroad so it is a battle I cannot win

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Generally, no. Usually they leave any mail for me in my bedroom for when I am next home, but they do open things like notices from the IBTS, as those letters usually give 2-3 days notice for when to next give blood. They do open things like exam results, but sometimes the odd random letter, as my Dad has the same name as me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

The odd time because I've the same name as my Dad but usually we can tell the difference between who's post is who's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

as my Dad has the same name as me

LordChessington the first?

My parents never open my mail, which can suck some times when an important letter arrives and you find out you've out on something / delivery etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I don’t live at home but my car tax still goes to my Mam’s and she would never dream of opening it. Even tho we both know what it is. I cant remember a time when she ever opened my post to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Just reminding you all that there are Pritt sticks and steam from the kettle in most Irish houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I have the same name as my da, so all my post tends to get opened if he get's to it first!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Mine wouldn't, I don't open theirs. Though, who gets personal post/love letters anymore. I wish I'd post worth openin :pac:

Advertisement