Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What things do you eat that make other people sick?

Options
  • 22-08-2008 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭

I always thought cheese and brown sauce sambos were normal, but most people I meet think its vile (for some reason).

I also love barely cooked liver, left to go cold overnight in the fridge, with red sauce. Yeah!

One of the worst I know is a guy who eats cadburys caramel bars (the one that used to have a sexy rabbit advertising them) dipped in hot curry sauce. He also puts gin in chocolate milkshakes which seems to make them go off immediately.

So what do you enjoy eating that make others throw up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Supermacs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I just love avocado with dressing, in salads, veggie wraps, with fish, in dips, often chopped and mixed with many of the foods that I eat, but have friends that think it bland or worse, sticking their tongues out in rejection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Fredser

Archeron wrote: »
    So what do you enjoy eating that make others throw up?

Yore Ma

• Registered Users Posts: 23,983 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ferret's Knob L'Orange, with a sprinkling of chives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

your ma's cooking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

It takes very little to disgust me. I absoultely detest salads, salad dressings, vegetables (apart from potatoes), tomato ketchup, mayonaise, brown sauce, coleslaw, potato salad, garlic, fish, liver, vanilla.....the list goes on.

So anything in this thread is likely to make me go "Ewww...." :(

However I do eat instant mash (the kind you add water to and microwave) My sister can't stand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Archeron

Fredser wrote: »
    Yore Ma

That was indeed deserved, I tip my bonnet to you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Fanny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i have a very limited appetite but looking at other people eating coleslaw makes me heave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Kiwi with the skin on. Just eat the fcukers like an apple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Pussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I love Mars Delight melted with pasta. Also pepper on chips, but that isn't that weird
    FunkZ wrote: »
    Pussy.

Leave my cat alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Vegemite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

coleslaw and red sauce on a chicken fillet roll!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Not exactly unusual but I love squid, unfortunately it seems to make everyone of my friends/family heave, bunch of pussy's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

raw black pudding, probably not uncommen to do but most people who see me do it dont like it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Human blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

You're all Freaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Repentant

I find the quaint old folly of adding some tomato ketchup to a sunday roast quite wrong on many levels. Don't they understand why the gravy is on the plate? How can the two be mixed?

It is all just WRONG.

Chef Sauce and Cheese sambos is Good im my book. Has to a good strong Vintage Chedder, tangy goodness...... mmmmmmmmhhhmmmhhmhm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

c - 13 wrote: »
    Not exactly unusual but I love squid, unfortunately it seems to make everyone of my friends/family heave, bunch of pussy's.

Same here, I especially love live squid Korean style...don't find it much round these parts though......

Whats else..
    Well not disgusting, but a lot of people (especially mainland europeans) find it weird that I have ketchup with pizza. Not on it, but rather a splodge on the plate to dip the slices into.

I don't like butter so I have mayonaise on toast which some find odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Picallili... Love the stuff..some people just see the colour and run for the hills.. dunno why its justa sauce after all... Dont hear me complaining when they're eating tuna..YEUCH!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Same here, I especially love live squid Korean style...don't find it much round these parts though......

I want my food dead. Not sick, not dying, dead.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Not really that odd, but all my friends think it's nuts. Very rare steak. They just dont get it's deliciousness:).

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

Not really that odd, but all my friends think it's nuts. Very rare steak. They just dont get it's deliciousness:).

Same here.

I like to put cheese slices on chocolate digestive biscuits mmmmmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

gino85 wrote: »
    raw black pudding, probably not uncommen to do but most people who see me do it dont like it

I think you want to say not grilled or fried. It's allready boiled.

Anyway, get your puke baggies ready. I love and I mean absolutly love muskrat stew.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Tabasco sauce on virtually any savoury dish, but that's not really weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I love dipping salty chips into ice-cream, and also like wrapping brown hula hoops in calvita cheese slices, Yummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I love brussels sprouts.

I love brussels sprouts.

+1

Probably cottage chesse. I converted a nose turning up sceptic yesterday though. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Moonbaby wrote: »
    +1

Probably cottage chesse. I converted a nose turning up sceptic yesterday though. :D

Love the cottage cheese with chives. On rye crackers especially.

I'm hungry.:)

Advertisement