Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Best place in Ireland...?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Mountjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I think this thread goes to show how much of a miserable pack of bast@rds we are with no national pride!

When i was a teenager i went for a little trip to Galway with the family and we went for a coach tour around Connemara, which I was dreading as it was crammed with the blue rinse brigade, but as we set on the journey i was taken aback by the beauty of the places we visited, in particular a place near Cong (where The Quiet Man was filmed) and the Kylemore Abbey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

southill in limerick is the best... my joyrideing friend told me so!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lorna7

Waterford:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ireland does have some cracking spots. Personally I like Donegal and the islands off it, Connemara, parts of Kerry and as I'm a Dub I have to say there's no place like home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Galway city and of course, Donegal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Wicklow, I never tire of visiting it.

Im a Dub but I was very impressed with Killarney when I went down for New Years so I'll say there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

tallus wrote: »
    Wicklow, I never tire of visiting it.

Ya, my parents have a mobile home down there in Red Cross. Lovely little town to get away from it all for a weekend...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Galway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Kerry, far and away the most beautiful place in the republic, i dunno, for some reason I just find the scenary in Connemara very depressing, might be the rain but even without the rain it's so bleak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

Clare cant beat home. cant wait to move back. i am a part of the culchie army that repopulates dublin on a sunday night and curses the red cow at 7pm on a friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

The sunny south east ....... Namely Waterford!
    Or .. Killarney is lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,040 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Other than Tallaght, I do like Wexford.

Some lovely beaches.

Especially Kilmuckridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Slea Head on the Dingle Peninsula and anywhere in Wicklow. Good for the soul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BDubliner

2 stroke wrote: »
    Best place in Ireland? It's got to be under an Irish woman.

Under an Irish woman set your standards higher...Under a foreign woman in Ireland is more like it. Or up a chimney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Dub13 wrote: »
    What I meant was with the new rules requiring a passport to travel between the North and the 'UK mainland' it may as well not be.

1. There are no such rules.
    2. Even if there were, it wouldn't change what is part of, and not part of the UK.

but

3. Northern Ireland is also part of an island known as Ireland.

Just to clarify the obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

The place that had the biggest impact on me was Great Blasket Island, just astounding...

Nicest spot for a holiday and just to chillax is West Cork, out by Baltimore - you don't get the tour bus croud, and I know almost every side road in the place by now.

Nicest place to live? I really really like Dublin, and if I had the money the dream gaff would be a large apartment with secure parking in Dublin 2 / Ballsbridge, Ross O Carroll Kelly style.
    (Wouldn't mind the golf TD red focking I to go with it...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Representin' LONGFORD!!!! ftw

*I of course need not explain its charm and superiority

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

D O N E G A L.... Need I say more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

My House > *

Other than Tallaght, I do like Wexford.

Some lovely beaches.

Especially Kilmuckridge.

Tis a beautiful spot alright. The missus' parents have a gaff just outside the village and we spent many a weekend down there over the past few years. Great craic during the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

I'm sure a lot of Dubs would go for the Kilmuckridge/Blackwater/Curracloe area of Wexford alright, they seem to take over the area in Summer. Plenty of nice beaches and a few good pubs.

I'd have to go for Co. Kerry - pony races in Dingle, Couminole beach, Ring of Kerry, Killarney, Ventry beach etc. Love the place.

MarkOShea wrote: »
    I'm sure a lot of Dubs would go for the Kilmuckridge/Blackwater/Curracloe area of Wexford alright, they seem to take over the area in Summer. Plenty of nice beaches and a few good pubs.

I'd have to go for Co. Kerry - pony races in Dingle, Couminole beach, Ring of Kerry, Killarney, Ventry beach etc. Love the place.

You left out Courtown :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

in between YORE MA'S legs, but after that id have to say ... second favourite spot in ireland would have to be in me boat at buck island lough oughter co.cavan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

Dundrum shopping centre.....fine wimmin there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lorna7 wrote: »
    Waterford:p
    She Devil wrote: »
    The sunny south east ....... Namely Waterford!
    Or .. Killarney is lovely!

Exactly, Waterford City tis great :D
    FunkZ wrote: »
    Tramore!

Tramore is a great place, living there myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 LurkingLady

The west, of course!
    Would go with Westport personally, as it's a GREAT gateway to so many other wonderful places - as in: anywhere in Mayo, really :D:D:D
    Achill Island, Croagh Patrick! and Galway and Connemara are just a stone throw away :D

Can't go wrong with Westport

Go Westport! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Tonka

My bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Kenmare, Kerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

my back yard, birds singing, stereo on, barbie smokin, drinks a chillin, kids laughin,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Killiney, or Marley Park. I also like Temple Bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

Connemara for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Galway is the best place in Ireland.

Thread closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 FriarMo

FunkZ wrote: »
    Ah now, it's better than Laytown alright but not as good as the mighty Julianstown!

:cool:

Delusional.... Nothing beats the great beach, great pub and manageable size combo that is Laytown!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

FriarMo wrote: »
    Delusional.... Nothing beats the great beach, great pub and manageable size combo that is Laytown![/

quote]

How does a thread lay dormant for 3 months then someone starts it up again...........just curious as to how you came across it.

Oh the best place in Ireland has the be Kilkee, co clare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

- Wild Donegal in Winter
    - Mackillicuddy Reeks
    - Doolin / Lahinch area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

An Clossach, Dunquinn. Winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Aranmore Island

...not since they opened a Supermac on the place.

Inis Meain FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Galway by a mile. Sure it rained for a while any time we were there but if you are truly Irish this should not put you off. Clare comes a close second as the Burren is spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭hiltonhater

Ruu wrote: »
    Bettystown

agreed!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mosney holiday camp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

West Cork. I don't really like Goleen but the surrounding area is great. Schull is a great village, but is full of sailing knobs when I'm there, same with Crookhaven. Barleycove Beach ftw.

Also Dublin, I'm in the city centre every single day and I still love it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Arion Online

The Velvet strand of Portmarnock Beach

• Advertisement
Advertisement