Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left Phone in Taxi

Options
  • 24-05-2015 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

I left my brand new phone in a cab last night on the way home. It was dead when I got in the car and the taxi driver told me to put it on charge. Which was a stupid as I was on the way home. We had a really good chat and he seemed nice. Wondering have I any hope of getting it back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

MrSzyslak wrote: »
    I left my brand new phone in a cab last night on the way home. It was dead when I got in the car and the taxi driver told me to put it on charge. Which was a stupid as I was on the way home. We had a really good chat and he seemed nice. Wondering have I any hope of getting it back?

Contact the carriage office. Keep in mind that it may not be handed in straight away but may be in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

galljga1 wrote: »
    Contact the carriage office. Keep in mind that it may not be handed in straight away but may be in a few days.

This is your best chance of getting it back. In the meantime ring your operator and get the phone blacklisted as a precaution. They will undo this for you if the phone is returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

These are the numbers you need to contact (if you are in Dublin) (and the Taxi Company, if you know who they are)

If you are outside Dublin contact all your local Garda Stations

The Carriage Office no longer deals with lost property. There are 5 designated Garda stations in the Dublin area that manage property that has been found in taxis. The stations are:

Irishtown: 01 666 9600
    Store Street: 01 666 8000
    Finglas: 01 666 7500
    Tallaght: 01 666 6000
    Shankill: 01 666 5900

Any person wishing to trace property left in a taxi should contact any of the above Garda stations or their local Garda station.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Skid X wrote: »
    These are the numbers you need to contact (if you are in Dublin) (and the Taxi Company, if you know who they are)

If you are outside Dublin contact all your local Garda Stations

The Carriage Office no longer deals with lost property. There are 5 designated Garda stations in the Dublin area that manage property that has been found in taxis. The stations are:

Irishtown: 01 666 9600
    Store Street: 01 666 8000
    Finglas: 01 666 7500
    Tallaght: 01 666 6000
    Shankill: 01 666 5900

Any person wishing to trace property left in a taxi should contact any of the above Garda stations or their local Garda station.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=100

Cheers for that. Didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

No sign of it yet, garda told me to ring everyday this week to see.

He said he lost his own phone in a cab a few months ago and he got it back a week later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

It never showed up. Totally lost hope now too and stuck on 24 month contract. It was on charge and turned on when I left the taxi and when I tired it 10 mins later he obviously decided to switch it off and keep it. He probably does it all the time. So just posting to say beware if charging your phone in a taxi!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,354 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

MrSzyslak wrote: »
    It never showed up. Totally lost hope now too and stuck on 24 month contract. It was on charge and turned on when I left the taxi and when I tired it 10 mins later he obviously decided to switch it off and keep it. He probably does it all the time. So just posting to say beware if charging your phone in a taxi!!

It's been reported here before, seems to be a new scam on the part of certain taxi drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

coylemj wrote: »
    It's been reported here before, seems to be a new scam on the part of certain taxi drivers.

All the more reason to use a taxi app, or at least the nra driver check app (which stores searches)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,354 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

athtrasna wrote: »
    All the more reason to use a taxi app, or at least the nra driver check app (which stores searches)

Which you can't do when your battery is flat ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

Don't give up hope, my other half left his wallet in a taxi one Friday night, he had a lot to drink. The following Monday evening there was a knock on the door and the driver arrived back with the wallet, cash intact - he had been away for a few days. Keep trying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Advertisement