Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead 2005

Options
  • 05-02-2005 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know if Radiohead are playing in Ireland in 2005? I've had a look around but can't find anything.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'd say its highly unlikely that Radiohead will be playing any concerts or events this year. I don't believe that they will be releasing any new material this year so I would guess it would be 2006 before they would play any dates in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I believe they are currently holed up in the studio working on new material. I think they might do what they did before HTTT and go on a small European tour in the summer, but this probably won't include Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I have heard that Radiohead aren't planning to release any more albums. Is there any truth to this or is it just clichéd bullsh!t???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

It depends on what day of the week it is. Thom has said in the past that he would prefer to release EPs as opposed to albums cos of the pressures associated with releasing albums but wheter or not it turns out that way is a different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I would like to see them headline Slane some year. Would be a great gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

What exactly is an EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

an EP is longer than a single but shorter than an album...usually around 6 tracks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

EP = extended play I think.

Its a mini album.

As far as I can tell they finished their corporate record contract and being radiohead don't need one anyway. I think they are releasing everything though W.A.S.T.E now which means that its quite likely there will be an album soon (as the fact they are recording compounds).

As to a mini-tour. Tom Yorke is a biiiig big fan of Ireland, especially Galway and Clifden and he's been spotted there a few times.

If they do a mini tour, count Ireland in :)

Advertisement