Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not inspired

Options
  • 17-07-2012 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else not inspired by all these inspirational stories we get these days on the media.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

kneemos wrote: »
    Anyone else not inspired by all these inspirational stories we get these days on the media.?

There are inspirational stories in the media? Since when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

you're reading the wrong stories... Did you hear Rosanna Davison is doing playboy! AND there's 3 more marvel films in the pipeline!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

smash wrote: »
    Did you hear Rosanna Davison is doing playboy!

Is playboy Chris de Burgh's new nickname?

For example?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

you're reading the wrong stories... Did you hear Rosanna Davison is doing playboy! AND there's 3 more marvel films in the pipeline!

And she did a mini-marathon*!

*May or may not be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

For example?

Late show has one every week (Montrose A+E).Various radio shows will often have people who have overcome illness or faced adversity.Fair play to them, but I've heard enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Go get em champ!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Meh! Prob hasn't a tit to her name tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

The little men that live in The Spire in Dublin are inspired.

Late show has one every week (Montrose A+E).Various radio shows will often have people who have overcome illness or faced adversity.Fair play to them, but I've heard enough

Right so. I'll wait til Friday night after the Late Late show to form an adequate response to this thread :confused:

• Advertisement

Right so. I'll wait til Friday night after the Late Late show to form an adequate response to this thread :confused:

You have never seen the late show.?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I'm rarely inspired by what other people tell me to be inspired by tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Sauve wrote: »
    I'm rarely inspired by what other people tell me to be inspired by tbh.

I found this inspirational.

I prefer to be inspired by music tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

kfallon wrote: »
    I prefer to be inspired by music tbh!

I prefer to be inspired by kfallon and his sneaky finger adventures

You have never seen the late show.?

Oh I have, but I asked you for a particular example of what kind of thing you are talking about, different people have different perceptions of what is considered to be "inspiring".

I prefer to be inspired turned on by kfallon and his sneaky finger adventures

That's more like it ;)

Oh I have, but I asked you for a particular example of what kind of thing you are talking about, different people have different perceptions of what is considered to be "inspiring".

As I said people who have overcome adversity and illness.

I also think there may be some confusion as to what people see as 'inspiring'. I mean people will say someone is inspiring but they haven't been inspired to do something.

"I was inspired by the guy who came back from 2 broken legs to play at the World Cup finals" - what were you inspired to do unless the person was also inspired to come back playing football from a serious injury?

Similarly I could never say I was inspired by someone beating a serious illness as I have never had a serious illness to beat. I could say I found the person brave and it gave me a nice feeling inside but unless you are going thru the same thing or you do the same things as the person who is inspirational then surely it's the wrong term to use?!?!?

As I said people who have overcome adversity and illness.

But sure most people at some point in their lives have/will overcome adversity or illness.

I'm not sure why you can't just give an example!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

They are featuring a guy with no limbs who'll represent Ireland at the paralympics in the pole vault. How he gets over the bar is inspirational.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    They are featuring a guy with no limbs who'll represent Ireland at the paralympics in the pole vault. How he gets over the bar is inspirational.

Were you inspired to take up the pole vault?

But sure most people at some point in their lives have/will overcome adversity or illness.

I'm not sure why you can't just give an example!

For example someone who beats cancer and climbs Kilamanjaro and the presenter at the end says "thats really insprirational"

For example someone who beats cancer and climbs Kilamanjaro and the presenter at the end says "thats really insprirational"

I think you misheard, the presenter said, "That's really perspirational" - climbing mountains is hard work you know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

kfallon wrote: »
    Were you inspired to take up the pole vault?

No, but I might cut off my limbs, though the last one would be difficult.

I find breathing inspirational.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Gee Bag wrote: »

Johnny Ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Is Kilmanjaro not just a big long hike and you get a bit altitiude sick?

buck65 wrote: »
    Is Kilmanjaro not just a big long hike and you get a bit altitiude sick?

A long walk up a hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

The news has never really been a place I draw inspiration from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Gee Bag wrote: »

Shes his daughter ffs

Advertisement