Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop PSU's

Options
  • 18-10-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

The psu just died, there a loud whine coming from it... Stress!

I have a dell vostro 1500. The psu is a 90w/19.5v

Thing is I have a 65w/19.5v psu there. Would that work? Could it hurt my battery?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is it a high pitched beeping sound? That seems to be a fairly common problem with dell ac adapters. Send them an email, they should send you out a new one. They did that for me despite my laptop being out of warranty. The 65W should work fine as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Thanks man!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Yes it will work.

The 65W adapter will only output 3.33A tho, as opposed to the 4.62A from the 90W.

It will charge the battery no bother.

You may encounter problems if you are stressing the cpu and gpu heavily (gaming). The psu may not be able to supply enough power and the laptop may turn to the battery for additional power.

Advertisement