Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem contacting Dell

Options
  • 18-10-2008 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

No problem if I wish to buy but where there is a screen problem with the laptop under warranty, being put on hold for up to an hour at the time having many calls in the last month is a bit much, Dell wont reply to emails either
    WTF is going on

Warning here to prospective purchasers of new Dell laptops

Will update if there is any progress, Dell have been very good in the past, this is not good enough

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭halkar

If it is one of the XPS laptops call 24X7 1850 200 722 .
    For other check http://support.euro.dell.com/support/topics/topic.aspx/emea/shared/support/dellcare/en/byphone_prod?c=ie&l=en&s=gen for contact numbers. Most are based in India i beleive. Create a case with them and follow up with the case number using the same contact tel. They are usually very good :)

You do not have that GPU problem by any chance? Google "dell nvidia gpu problems" if you do. You will need to get mobo replaced if you have the gpu problems.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Thanks for that halkar, problem is Dell keep me on standby for long periods of time, up to an hour, will try again

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

hmmmm, this isn't good. my brother is lookin 2 get a new laptop (around €600 mark) and I was goin to get one off dell. Theres a warning beside most of the laptops that it takes upwards of 4 or 5 weeks for assembly/delivery :(
    Mayb I should just find the best spec'd laptop in that pricerange on Komplett.ie or dabs.ie
    Wat do you think?

Advertisement