Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD burning issues

Options
  • 14-10-2008 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, a bit of a weird one here. I'm transferring stuff onto DVD and burning it on my Dell laptop - Windows Vista. I'm using a dazzlebox to transfer the stuff onto disc.
    However, the files won't play back on the laptop but they'll play back on my old laptop ok.

Windows media player just hangs any time I stick the DVD in. Any ideas what the issue could be?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Perhaps it's an issue with wmp?
    Maybe a reinstall of windows media player would sort ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Try playing them with VLC player.

May be your title should be "DVD playing issues"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Just installed VLC player and as soon as it tried to access the file, it shut down while "Windows checks for a solution" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Thanks for that. I'll have a look.
    I'm also wondering if it's how I recorded the programme as well. It was 62mins long but I chose not to put "chapters" in it. Is it possible it's trying to load the whole show at once and hence crashing?

• Advertisement

Finally got it to work!
    Transferred the stuff off the Sky box onto my laptop using the Dazzlebox and then burnt the files onto a disc using an app called ImgBurn. I know it seems very long-winded but it worked and the discs now play in any DVD player.
    Thanks for the help folks. However, maybe this is a very long winded way of doing thing?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The important thing is that you got it working!

Advertisement