Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba equium: reinstalling windows from the hard drive

Options
  • 20-10-2008 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, small problem here and cant find the manual off my tosh.

Have an old toshiba equium, got a virus on it and windows wont load, so i need to do a full reinstall. Problem is I didnt get a windows disc so its stored on the hard drive similar to a Dell I think.

Can't seem to find anywhere what the command is on startup to enter uninstall/reinstall windows?? I presume its similar to Dells Shift and hold f8 when the Dell symbol comes up....

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Start laptop, tap F1 for a while, if that doesn't work, restart, tap F2 for a while, etc, etc.

If it's a real nasty virus, don't count on the image still being intact, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

problem with that is it could be any key combination, its usually 2-3 keys to stop it happening accidentally.

I know the virus, its a simple msn thing, just slowed the comp down to the point it stopped running, im not actually sure its the virus thats causing it, the boot sector and that are perfect tho. I'm getting a blue screen but it shuts off instantly, hence why I think its a virus due to the abnormal circumstance.

Reinstalling windows should sort any software conflicts out so I can determine if i need to shell out on repairing the bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

i think its reboot, f8 holdown,safe mode ,arrow down to repair /restore my pc, of course its gonna wipe out your photos,data,mp3s ,if it formats the drive,safe mode,directory services restore option should boot up vista,xp in safe mode,i have a toshiba equiim too.that allows you to copy mp3s,data to cdr,or usbdrive if you have one.it works off hidden image file on drive c hd.

Advertisement