Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese Hair Straightening

Options
  • 10-10-2005 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭

is this avaliable over here anywhere?? and if so roughly how much??

for all that dont know what im talking about... click here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Is this anything like a straight perm? I have a friend who got hers done in either Korea or somewhere in Europe... can't recall though. But yeah... just go to a salon and ask about straight perms. I'm sure they'll give you info.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Oh i would really like to find out about that!!! My GHD's are getting a bit worn!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

booo, why all girls want straight hair? all the chicks you see out have the same dull lank straight hair (probably with blonde streaks)/

ferdi wrote:
    booo, why all girls want straight hair? all the chicks you see out have the same dull lank straight hair (probably with blonde streaks)/
    Well i have naturally blonde curly hair but IMO straight hair looks more neat and polished. Its a nightmare trying to make curly hair look half way decent first thing in mornings!!!!!! Where as with straight hair, one go of the GHD's and ur away! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

my hair is curly too, i prefer it to straigh on girls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

You don't see all that many girls with blonde curly hair though. Straight blonde haired girls are all over the place. If blonde and curly is managed well it can look really good. But then I do have a weakness for blonde curly haired women.
    ~Leanne~ wrote:
    Well i have naturally blonde curly hair but IMO straight hair looks more neat and polished. Its a nightmare trying to make curly hair look half way decent first thing in mornings!!!!!! Where as with straight hair, one go of the GHD's and ur away! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Ive wavy hair and i dont mind that but th efront of it always looks Awful so I just run teh ol GHD thru the front only every morn and it looks much better.

as for the japanes thingy theres a system called 'yuko' hair straightening i heard about they have it in london but i believe u can get it done in dublin id try 'cowboys and angels' they are just off grafton street they do stuff like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭japanpaul

My girlfriend (Japanese) rang lots of places but couldn't find anywhere to do it in Dublin. Tony and Guy looked promising but she didn't like the staff.
    I think a few of the bigger salons in London have it. If done right it lasts for upto four months.
    She is in Japan now and said she is getting a digital perm done which is the new kid on the block.
    She is thinking of starting doing it herself part time as her friend trained her and can supply her with the treatment / gel that is needed. (It stinks by the way)
    I think I know too much about perms for a bloke but it's all I heard about for 2 months straight (excuse the pun). :D

Do you think there would be a market for this, because I wasn't very enthusiastic when she told me about her business plan.

Yes i definetly think there would be a market for this! Nearly every girl i know owns a GHD straightner!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

yes i think so too, but u'd never b able to return to ur 'normal' hair again!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭japanpaul

I'll let her know when she gets back. I won't be knocking her ideas anymore.
    BTW, what's a GHD :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,917 ✭✭✭✭Stark

yes i think so too, but u'd never b able to return to ur 'normal' hair again!!

Unless you kill the love you were trying to impress with the straight hair. Oh wait, that was the Little Mermaid...

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Have looked into this and you cant get it done anywhere in ireland-they offer alternative straightning in toni and guy etc but its not as effective as the yuko system. You can get it done lots of places in london-i got mine done in covent garden and it cost £200-thats sterling not euro :eek: so it is pricey but really really worth it as it lasts till your hair grows out and you can just wash and go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭FoXXy

but surely if GHD is ruining everyones hair by straightening it... this thing has got to b so bad for ur hair??

my friend had a strait perm done in tony n guy and it shrivelled her hair. she's spent a fortune getting treatments done to stop it falling out n breaking it went so dry....quite gross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

here i swear to god . i have a huge problem with this. Girls with Curly or wavy hair are far hotter than with straight hair. The difference is unbelievable. It just frames her face nicer and is generally so much better. It has gotten to the stage that now any girl with Curley hair deserves a checking out.......

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RazorSharp

hey does anyone know if its available in Dublin now ? seeing as this was the only topic on it I thought id resurrect it ! I was onto Reds and they said theres a place that does it in Dalkey or Killiney. Narrows it down I suppose !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think it's just a "grass is greener" issue. I have perfectly straight hair naturally. Running a GHD through it for 5 seconds makes it poker. However, I love curling my hair. I always get compliments when I have it curled!

Straight hair is boring. Stay happy with your curly hair. It's a lot easier to make curly hair straight for the day than to make straight hair curly!

Advertisement