Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy jeans?

Options
  • 20-02-2007 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

i'm on the hunt for new jeans but can't seem to find any anywhere that fit properly. i hate jeans that are narrow at the ankle and i don't like skinny jeans.

where could I find jeans that are relatively baggy (but not too baggy) and flared? can anyone recommend any particular brand and where to buy them? money is no object.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Penneys, Heatons, Dunnes... all of them have good cheap jeans with either flared or boot cut ankles.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

Some Levis can be good but you have to be prepared to try on loads of different pairs because some of them are just hideous!

I got a really nice pair or bootcut ones last year, can't remember what style they are though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

New Look have nice jeans, if you are looking for just a normal pair, Liffey Valley is the best selection Ive found. Not too pricey either.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Penny's have decent ones. Used to get a few in jeanswear too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 snb

Ah, that old chesnut. The eternal search for the right jeans. A good pair can make you, a bad pair, well, can make you look fat. :(

My forever jeans are Pepe Pimlico. They make my legs longer, have NO give in them and really make me look far better than I do ! All Pepe are nice, especially if you are into bootleg/flare jeans or are a bit on the short/petite side.

I also love Diesel & Ms Sixty though the latter you have to careful about as usually made for very long skinny things !

Pepe are available in Arnotts & have a store in Dundrum. Diesel & Ms Sixty in Arnotts & BTS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

similar problem as yourself sarz55. i have a small ass, large thighs and skinny-ish lower legs (god i sound like a frog!) the amount of jeans i have bought and never used is a crime. but through trial and error along with the advice of a very helpful sale person in Hugo Boss store, i found the perfect pair. dont have the exact model but its off the orange label range..

perfect up top and the upper thighs fits nicely and yet are baggy at the base but not overly. price was about 180 iirc but definately worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Futureman

sarz55 wrote:
    i'm on the hunt for new jeans but can't seem to find any anywhere that fit properly. i hate jeans that are narrow at the ankle and i don't like skinny jeans.

where could I find jeans that are relatively baggy (but not too baggy) and flared? can anyone recommend any particular brand and where to buy them? money is no object.
    I'm the exact same!

I go to Jack & Jones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

burska i thing thats how you spell it i think have lovely jeans that fit well and have different types of flare from wide to not so wide.whatever your style you will find a jeans cut to suit you. cheap too range from25-40e and they dont loose their shape after a few washes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

I always find Gap to be good for jeans, good quality, and not badly priced.
    A friend got really nice loosely/baggily fitted jeans in Awear recently, supposed this style is the new jean style of the season, aka the "Boyfriend" jean, so that might make your search a little easier. Think I saw some in Oasis recently enought aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

i agree bacah, gap is brilliant, they wash well and are so comfy. Picked up a pair 2 years ago in Canada and they never wore out! So glad theres a GAP in Arnoitts now!!!

Also Tommy Hilfiger fit great and they have good leg length eg 31' as opposed to others who do 30'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Where is burska?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Bershka's in Dundrum, Blanchardstown and Jervis. Also in cork afaik!

I think TopShop are the best for jeans, they have a lovely fit. also Esprit in Dundrum and Arnotts are nice too!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

burton in jervis centre are excellent.

last time i was there they had 2 for €50 and they were great quality and great fit.

Advertisement