Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Head bands/hair bands for

Options
  • 20-02-2007 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

im looking for a headband that goes from about my eyebrows to the top of my head (like a hat with the top cut off) i think these things called Buff's are close enough, but I cant find any in Dublin, i looked all over for one today.

Anyone know where to get something like that in Dublin? btw im a guy but it doesnt have to be for men, as long as it isnt too effeminate. its just for holding my hair out of my face

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

A bandana maybe? My Dad uses one for the same purpose in work. You could DIY one? They have headbands in pennys in packets of 2 or 3's.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

thanks, ive tried a bandana but they just dont seem big/long enough to tie around, and i dont even have a big head...

a couple of friends reccomended the DIY route and tights, but im not too good at that sort of arts and crafts thing! how would you turn tights into a headband, and wouldnt they be too thin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

just cut the legs off so you just have the waist

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Cut one of the legs off and tie it behind your hair, at the back. Don't use the waist or you'll have a crotch on the top of your head!

Cool thanks for the replys!

the idea of wearing tights on my head still seems wierd, but as long as it doesnt involve sowing or anything i'll give it a try!

now is there any specific type to get? cos im not really an expert on these things, i guess those see through ones wouldnt work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

I'm a big fan of buffs...great for a bad hair day ;)
    You can get them in dublin...I usually get mine in the camping shops along capel street.
    If you can't find them there, ebay always have a few

great i'll check it out tomorrow

how much do they cost?

Advertisement