Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<GARAGE> damaged my car

Options
  • 22-07-2014 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

So I went ti get my ac rechared yesterday at <GARAGE> and when I got home I saw there was considerable damage to my bumper on the rear passanger side. I did not notice when I left the place (in blanchardstown) and for sure it wasn't me as there is concrete left on the bumper and if I has damaged it I sure as hell would have noticed. The only possible place this could have happened was when they took my car car in ot out. Now I don't have any proof unless I have access to their cctv so now I'm not sure what to do. Any advice?

Also mods if this would fit better in another forum please feel free to move.
    Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Call in and talk to them. I know my garage would repair it if I thought one of their staff tipped my car on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

So as advised I dropped in and they assessed the damage. I am happy to report that they have assumed their mistake and they will fix my car at their expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

See? It's good to talk! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

It is good of them to admit liability but it would have been much better if they owned up on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

ElNino wrote: »
    It is good of them to admit liability but it would have been much better if they owned up on the day.

Or they didn't know about it till the op brought it to their attention, they investigated,and found the culprit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Well the guy who damaged the car most definitely must have known he damaged it, and you're right, it was a bit of a scumbag thing to do by the mechanic, however, I am sure that the management did not know about what had happened even I only noticed when I got home. But I am pretty happy they admitted liability and are getting the damage fixed!
    I am now waiting for the bodyshop to get in touch with me so my car gets fixed, I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Advertisement