Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Device - Returns Issue

Options
  • 22-07-2014 3:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

So I bought a phone off http://europe.oppostyle.com

Which has a severe over heating problem. They have agreed to let me return it however they added this beauty to their email:

Note: As stated clearly in our Terms of Service, we will not reimburse you for the shipping cost to return the package and we will not refund the original shipping costs that has already been paid to ship the package to you.

Is this legal? I paid via PayPal should I be going the dispute option here?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Are you returning it for repair (in which case they should refund your shipping costs) or a refund (in which case their T&C's say they will not)?

http://europe.oppostyle.com/content/11-terms-of-service

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

They should have to reimburse you for having to send the package back to them (not sure if they can simply state in their T&C's that they won't in the case of a refund for a faulty item!) but I don't think they would have to refund the initial delivery to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If the item is faulty, and they are in the EU, then they should cover the cost of return. Have they agreed that the phone is actually faulty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Their terms state:

We will provide you with a full replacement or refund of the product's purchase price if the product has defective workmanship or materials upon arrival (DOA), and also reimburse your return shipping costs.

They have asked for pics of the phone and all accessories before emailing a return form.

So does the above not mean I should be getting the costs. I believe they are china based but use the UK for distribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Their terms state:

We will provide you with a full replacement or refund of the product's purchase price if the product has defective workmanship or materials upon arrival (DOA), and also reimburse your return shipping costs.

They have asked for pics of the phone and all accessories before emailing a return form.

So does the above not mean I should be getting the costs. I believe they are china based but use the UK for distribution.

You should, once they determine the fault exists. But until then you may have to foot the bill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement