Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electrolux RM 4260 3-way fridge no longer working on 12v

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    hence the "gently" bit......

Yeah, but with what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I have a few little homemade tools.

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    I have a few little homemade tools.

And with what if you dont have homemade tools?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    And with what if you dont have homemade tools?

A thin flatbladed scredriver behind the switch bezel will take it out. Like I said though when I checked mine for you there was practically no slack on the wires you'd need to catch the spade connector with a pointed pliers to stop it springing back inside.

Thanks paddyp

PaddyP got there before me. I have one with a right angle bend on it.

Thanks Aidan_M_M

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nickjf

Hi I have just purchased a fiat ducato sundance yr 2000, have realised the electrolux rm 4200s fridge is not working, I connected the mains electric into camper switched green light to 1 , but it is not glowing to show me it is on, 12v does not seem to work either, I checked under bonnet for fuses by battery, and found a 20 amp fuse was blown,changed it , tried again, but still no fridge working? I am not even sure if that is fuse for the fridge, please help? I am new to motorhomes? Please help me? Thanks...nick

Also there is a 12v 4amp fused box above fridge but I can't work out how to open it to see fuse, how do you get to fuse?.... Just out of interest are there bulbs behind green and red switches that could have blown? Maybe it is on but not glowing the switches as bulbs blown, but I still can't hear it working anyway? Please someone help? Thanks kindly...nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Nickjf wrote: »
    Also there is a 12v 4amp fused box above fridge but I can't work out how to open it to see fuse, how do you get to fuse?.... Just out of interest are there bulbs behind green and red switches that could have blown? Maybe it is on but not glowing the switches as bulbs blown, but I still can't hear it working anyway? Please someone help? Thanks kindly...nick

Do you have a multimeter?
    For 12v, first things first whats your leisure battery condition?
    Have you got a panel like this to check? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85028658&postcount=1

If it was just the bulb you can leave it on for a while you should feel the fins internally getting cold or at least heat from the vent.

Hi moodrater yes the control panel is the same as you sent me, my leisure battery status is on just over middle of green section, and no I'm not very technical, have not got a multimeter??? So I connect to mains ,then switch green light up to I symbol on switch, and see what happens?? So is there bulbs in these switches that glow or don't they glow on this model of fridge???. And 12 v just turn on to leisure battery symbol C I presume then feel vent after a while and fins at top inside of fridge??? Or in freezer compartment is it?? Nick

Almost unheard of for the green 220v one to blow , not unusual for the red 12v one to burn out . However 12v/mains/gas are all totally separate from each other , in that era of fridge, so no single fault should stop it working . Aside from it falling out on the ground! lol

We'll have managed to get fridge going on 220 ,thought the green switch would glow though,but obviously not on this fridge, not tried gas yet, so fingers crossed, thanks for all help guys. Nick

One more thing, the gears are reasonably easy to change when engine not running, but when engine is running its hard to push into gears would it be something I read about called gear linkage????? Hope it's not clutch.....nick

Sounds like clutch dragging , Gear linkage shouldn't cause that,.

• Advertisement

Sorry not that technical, does that mean clutch is on its way out or can thanks....nick be adjusted????

Sorry I meant is clutch on way out or can it be adjusted????

Might be best to start a new thread.

Advertisement