Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Truck Licence category transfer

Options
  • 20-11-2007 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

I was looking at jobs in the uk and they seem to use a different rating systems when it comes to vehicles like the terms class 1 ,class 2 and lgv I was wondering if any one could tell me what my b,c1,and c licence entitle me to drive in the uk ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I was looking at jobs in the uk and they seem to use a different rating systems when it comes to vehicles like the terms class 1 ,class 2 and lgv
    In typical style the bulldog 'diesel in my veins' British trucker will not bow to Europe but will insist on using Class 1 or Class 2 to describe his qualifications (even though the Euro letters are on his licence :rolleyes:).

Class 1 is a C+E (usually a standard articulated truck)

Class 2 is a C (usually a standard rigid truck)

LGV is Large Goods Vehicle (either of the above)
    could tell me what my b,c1,and c licence entitle me to drive in the uk ??
    B = standard car/mpv/small van with DGVW of less than 3500kgs with up to 8 passengers.

C1/C = usually rigid trucks - or related vehicles over 3500kgs DGVW with up to 8 passengers.

You do not have an 'artic' (Class 1) licence!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Thank's for clearing that up :)
    In typical style the bulldog 'diesel in my veins' British trucker will not bow to Europe

Viva la Resistance:D:D

Advertisement