Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tronsmart T1000 Elite 1080P Miracast/DLNA/Airplay Dongle €9.99 Delivered [GeekBuying]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Bane wrote: »
    My one won't play ball with me. When I switch it on, the HDMI channel has a Tronsmart screen, then after a min or so it says there's an error and that it needs to restart and after restart the same happens. And also my after using ezcast on my Surface Pro 3, it doesn't seem to find it at all?

Could be a lack of juice causing instability.
    Might not be getting enough power from the USB port on your TV. Do you have a high amperage USB charger, maybe something that came with a tablet that you could try using as a power source just to test this theory. What type of charger does the Surface Pro have? Could you use it to test?

If the dongle is in DLNA/Airplay mode, then it is also working as a WiFi access point which other devices should see the same as they see your internet router. The password will be on-screen. You need to connect to this access point and then through this use the Ezcast app to configure the dongle so it can connect to your internet router for streaming from the net.
    For streaming local files you don't really need a router, as directly connecting to the dongle's access point from your phone, tablet or PC should allow you to do that.
    Miracast mode is more or less mirroring from what I've seen of it, and not as useful to me personally, but the DLNA mode on this dongle works very well for streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

duridian wrote: »
    Could be a lack of juice causing instability.
    Might not be getting enough power from the USB port on your TV. Do you have a high amperage USB charger, maybe something that came with a tablet that you could try using as a power source just to test this theory. What type of charger does the Surface Pro have? Could you use it to test?

If the dongle is in DLNA/Airplay mode, then it is also working as a WiFi access point which other devices should see the same as they see your internet router. The password will be on-screen. You need to connect to this access point and then through this use the Ezcast app to configure the dongle so it can connect to your internet router for streaming from the net.
    For streaming local files you don't really need a router, as directly connecting to the dongle's access point from your phone, tablet or PC should allow you to do that.
    Miracast mode is more or less mirroring from what I've seen of it, and not as useful to me personally, but the DLNA mode on this dongle works very well for streaming.

Yeah I was thinking it might be a low power thing. But then my bro plugged the USB from the dongle into the TV and still same result for some odd reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Bane wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking it might be a low power thing. But then my bro plugged the USB from the dongle into the TV and still same result for some odd reason.

It could be just that the firmware didn't sit right when it was installed.

Try updating or reinstalling firmware

http://www.tronsmart.eu/downloads/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s3kjBMOAJk

http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.ie/2014/03/how-to-manually-upgrade-firmware-for.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

duridian wrote: »
    Anyone got a fools guide on how to connect it to a PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Del007

Can you play videos from you tube to the tv?

I eventually managed to mirror my ipad to it but it's not full screen. However when I go into youtube, nothing happens. As in it wont play any of the videos. Is this an apple thing or what?

Advertisement