Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£10 off Amazon order of £50 or more.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

Promotional code arrived 24 hours after buying the gift cards. Just to confirm for anyone who's wondering:

You can send the gift cards to your own account.
    Gift cards are valid for both Amazon and third-party sellers.
    Gift cards valid for 10 years.
    Promotional code is valid for just Amazon and Amazon Warehouse Deals.
    Promotional code valid until 15 October, 2015.

There's also £10 off £50 today with the code BIGTHANKS. I saw it after ordering, so I don't know if you can use along with the other promo code.

Just used my voucher and BIGTHANKS code and got 20 quid off a SSD

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Thanks! Got 4 of these which are a very good deal on their own, and subscribed and saved to get them for just over £40 for the lot! They are usually about 35 euro each.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008AI2L74/?tag=ho01f-21

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crackity_jones

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    The current exchange rate makes me wince. :(

This offer just about takes us back to before the Euro/GBP exchange rate tanked so so long as you're not going too far above 50 sterling I'd say it's definitely worth it.

I've had a bunch of books sitting in the basket for a few weeks now so I'll be pushing the Purchase button before the day is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Something to look out for
    Sh1te, wouldnt have bought had I known that, ah well I rarely get through a whole month without blowing 50 quid on Amazon for myself or the parents so October should be safe enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

A bit of a noobish question but let's say I want a pre order game which is out in September for £45, so I need another 5 pound to make the 50, however it seems when I add an 'add on' item to make it 50, it only gives me the option for Super Saver Delivery for the game and to pay for the rest.

Does it mean I need to put another 25 pounds worth of stuff to get free super Saver Delivery on the other things since the game is a pre order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

double GG wrote: »
    A bit of a noobish question but let's say I want a pre order game which is out in September for £45, so I need another 5 pound to make the 50, however it seems when I add an 'add on' item to make it 50, it only gives me the option for Super Saver Delivery for the game and to pay for the rest.

Does it mean I need to put another 25 pounds worth of stuff to get free super Saver Delivery on the other things since the game is a pre order?
    I'm having a similar issue. The items in my basket are being split into separate deliveries and even though both deliveries add to over £25, there's no option to receive free delivery on one of them, nor can I combine the two. All of the items are sold by Amazon. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭irlgirl

just had the same issue i just used the chat function and they refunded the postage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Are you sure the items are sold direct from Amazon and not fulfilled?

DubDJ wrote: »
    Are you sure the items are sold direct from Amazon and not fulfilled?
    Yes. The problem resolves itself if I switch to a UK address, but I'm not sure why that's the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got a 2 TB Seagate NAS for £59.99. Happy days...:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I got a 2 TB Seagate NAS for £59.99. Happy days...:)

Got a link to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,163 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Thanks! Got 4 of these which are a very good deal on their own, and subscribed and saved to get them for just over £40 for the lot! They are usually about 35 euro each.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008AI2L74/?tag=ho01f-21

Did you see the first review for these?
    Reported this item for being fake... I ordered the real thing from Optimum Nutritions website to compare them, and they're quite different. The main thing at worried me was the fact there was no inner seal to keep the product fresh...

In the photos the one on the right is from the Optimum Nutrition website. It has a golden hologram on the neck, an inner seal, and the labels are much more detailed and clearer by comparison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    I'm having a similar issue. The items in my basket are being split into separate deliveries and even though both deliveries add to over £25, there's no option to receive free delivery on one of them, nor can I combine the two. All of the items are sold by Amazon. :confused:

Sounds mad, but this issue resolved itself for me by splitting the delivery to two different Irish addresses. Wasnt an issue to UK address.

Satriale wrote: »
    Sounds mad, but this issue resolved itself for me by splitting the delivery to two different Irish addresses. Wasnt an issue to UK address.
    That allows me to select free delivery. Thanks. I'm not sure what's stopping the items from being sent together.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blueft

I had same problem! A preorder game is 40 pound, so added books for 10pound to make it 50. Then same thing happened, free delivery was only for the game in Sep, books for immediate delivery cost 7pound additional.
    I made the amount the books more than 25pound but it was same.
    Ended up, I used percel mortal for books and preorder game for home address and got free delivery for both.
    I have to pay 4euro to percel mortal to collect the books..
    Still it's cheaper but annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Cheers OP. Got the free 10 gift card during the week from hukd post and then this. Spent 60 cost 40. Bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

blueft wrote: »
    I had same problem! A preorder game is 40 pound, so added books for 10pound to make it 50. Then same thing happened, free delivery was only for the game in Sep, books for immediate delivery cost 7pound additional.
    I made the amount the books more than 25pound but it was same.
    Ended up, I used percel mortal for books and preorder game for home address and got free delivery for both.
    I have to pay 4euro to percel mortal to collect the books..
    Still it's cheaper but annoying.

I got around it by asking their live chat and they told me it was an error on their behalf so he told me to place the order and then tell him the order no. And he would put super saver delivery on the item that was deemed not to qualify

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

I got around it by asking their live chat and they told me it was an error on their behalf so he told me to place the order and then tell him the order no. And he would put super saver delivery on the item that was deemed not to qualify

Same as above for me. Aslong as you are sure these should qualify, contact live chat.

I placed the order and contacted live chat immediately and told them of the issue and got delivery refunded

spyder238 wrote: »
    If you chat to support and ask them about the deal, they will honour it for you, eligible or not.
    Eligibility seems to be determined by whether a gift card has been bought by the account in the past two years. I'd never purchased one, yet I was deemed to be ineligible. I contacted Amazon and I was told that I'll be able to receive the £10 credit. I bought a £40 gift card, so I suppose I'll find out tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

double GG wrote:

Same as above for me. Aslong as you are sure these should qualify, contact live chat.

I placed the order and contacted live chat immediately and told them of the issue and got delivery refunded

Just out of interest did they refund you for delivery + VAT or just delivery? I just had the same issue with a split order and the guy would only refund me the delivery charge not including VAT. I know it is only £1 something but it's the principle of having to argue about refunded delivery charges in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭spyder238

Thar_Cian wrote:
    Eligibility seems to be determined by whether a gift card has been bought by the account in the past two years. I'd never purchased one, yet I was deemed to be ineligible. I contacted Amazon and I was told that I'll be able to receive the £10 credit. I bought a £40 gift card, so I suppose I'll find out tomorrow.

Didn't automatically receive the email with the promo code so went back on to chat. In the end it was added to my account but could not be seen until I made an order and it was automatically deducted from total order price. It was stacked with the previous 5£ promo and the £10 BIGTHANKS promo for a handy £25 off my order. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Expired now unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

I had the same problem regarding delivery charges. I got 3 items that were all free delivery but they kept being separated into two deliveries with one item being charged for delivery, so I went ahead with the order then contacted "live chat" and they refunded the delivery straight away no complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blueft

After I read this thread, I took a chance and talked to their customer service. They changed the second delivery address from percel mortal to my home address with no extra charge straight away. Happy days. Thanks for the info.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I had the same problem regarding delivery charges. I got 3 items that were all free delivery but they kept being separated into two deliveries with one item being charged for delivery, so I went ahead with the order then contacted "live chat" and they refunded the delivery straight away no complaints

Had same issue, went to live chat and they were unaware of how to solve, twats

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Just out of interest did they refund you for delivery + VAT or just delivery? I just had the same issue with a split order and the guy would only refund me the delivery charge not including VAT. I know it is only £1 something but it's the principle of having to argue about refunded delivery charges in the first place.

My mistake. When the refund was processed the VAT was included. The customer service rep seemed confused about the issue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Amazon ordering has gone to the dogs recently. I got full refund thankfully

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ha ha, they just phoned me back, P&P refunded once I made the order and the lady gave me the £10 off too, fair dues...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Says expired now

Advertisement