Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unreal 2 FPS problems..

Options
  • 01-03-2004 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

ok just got this game not that long ago and i seem to have the same problem as discussed on another thread here --> Click!, dropping down to like 20fps sometimes which is totally out of order and totally unplayable :(

ut2k3 never went below 60/70 even in the highest fire fight for christ sake :(

specs -

XP3000+ barton cpu
    1024mb PC3200 ddr ram
    Radeon 9800 pro
    sb audigy 2

ive tried messing with the settings in the ati advanced display thing and still get the EXACT same fps...

even tried lowering resolution (from 1280 to 800) and the fps was the EXACT same still (fraps before you ask how i know..) went from top end settings to the lowest settings and according to fraps its the exact same fps no matter what

what the hell is going on here? :(

lil help please

(i originally added this to the thread on the unreal forums but those forums are deserted with no one around and thought i may get more help here..)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

also -

is there anyway of totally disabling FSAA and AF on an ati card ? (only switched to a radeon after years of using geforces about 2 months ago due to the performance of the radeon cards)

since it was available in nvidia options im wondering why i cant see it available in the ATI advanced display setup, you can set it to 2x for both or "application preferance", im thinking this is maybe the reason why i get slowdowns in this game?

the radeon 9800 pro kills pretty much any other game i throw at it, so why am i having problems here? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

I know this isnt really of much help but my 9700pro had some slow down but not all that much. I didnt have everything on full tho.

Try stickign filtering to biliniear instead of trilinear or above. This makes a huge impact. Usually does the trick for me (i cant remember exact settings as i no longer have the game installed).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

theres no option for that as far as i can see ?

i tried unticking "detail textures" but get the exact same performance..

isnt unreal 2 based on the same engine as ut2k3 though?

i.e the same engine that gave me these benchmark results -->

ut2k3bm.jpg

or do they just look strikingly similar? :o

err no different engines

Hmmz i'll install i later if i can find me cd's and take alook.
    I remember i had terrible fps at one stage but that turned out to me some proggie eating my cpu so i dunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i hope u dont think im trying to be smart but that game is a loade of shite dont waste your time on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

remember to download the patch for it.

And its the same engine yea.

My apologies it is indeed the unreal warfare engine. For some reason i thought Ut2k3/4 engine was different.

Advertisement