Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty

Options
  • 27-02-2004 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭

I've been playing CoD online for a while.

I reacently got a new Graphics card (Radeon 9600XT) and noticed the game became a lot better and I was able to get higher scores then normal. Reading on this forum about FPS (frames/sec) and how they can affect gameplay, I was wondering if anybody knew how to tweak the game even more?

I realize that my ping can also affect my game with regard to lag, but is there a way to counter this a little with the card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Your ping is all down to your internet speed (mainly anyway..). The graphics card won't have any affect on what you're ping is. It might have a tiny bit in increasing frame-rate but I don't think that would really help your ping (mainly a little bit but hardly). As for lag, CoD is very good for having no lag, even me who has a 56k modem I hardly ever get any. The only way to lower your ping would be to:
    A) get a better internet connection (broadband etc.)
    B) don't download anything or be using the internet in the background
    or
    C) fiddle around with the internet connection settings and tweak your modem (there was a thread on this a while back I think, it had a link to modem tweaking but I can't recall it) which probably won't give you much of a boost anyway. Best off sticking with A if you can...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

RAM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Spike: BB seems to be my best bet

Jimeatsmenu: I have 1GB PC3200 Dual Channel RAM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

cant u set the number of packets sent and recieved in game ? effects ping.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Have a look at the first post in this thread.

http://www.ttr-dcli.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=10640#10640

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Advertisement