Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance Website Review

• 25-08-2015 10:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37

Hi all,

We have updated our website CompareInsuranceIreland.ie

Let me know what you think of the look and feel of the website.

Regards
    P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Couldnt connect to the website, and had to edit it to use www.

Cliched overused stock images that dont create a personal brand touch.

I like the simple colour scheme, 50 shades of grey and splash of red.

Looks like you're just embedding the search options from real insurance providers. Are there actually multiple providers compared for individual products?

"Homepage" in menu bar is a little 1997. "Home" is sufficient, even though there's not much point in returning to the front page as there's nothing there that's not in the menu.

Random capital letters in the homepage paragraph "Review competitive insurance prices at comprehensive cover levels to suit you. Whether it’s Home, Car, Pet, Gadget, Van, Motor Breakdown, Bicycle, Holiday or Wedding cover, you can find it here!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Some of the grey text on grey background has poor contrast making it hard to read.

The links to the insurance type pages has poor hooks with just the insurance type where a problem, solution, call to action format would suit.

The insurance type pages go straight to forms which is a bit too quick to the sell without giving reasons why users should want to proceed.

The forms are also quite long. While a lot of info is required it would be better to break the forms down into a number of stages so that the perceived form length is shorter.

Some of the iframes with embedded forms are badly sized with ugly scroll bars. I'd look for a non-iframe way of handling the forms.

Plenty of scope for upping your SEO game and Social signals integration (G+, Google My Business).

More trust related content could be provided: more about who you are, email address, feedback from happy customers...

There's also an inconsistency between your listed addresses on your Social Media. FB and website has Santry, yet G+ has Blackrock. What's going on there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 NorthDublin1

Hi all,

We have updated our website CompareInsuranceIreland.ie

Let me know what you think of the look and feel of the website.

Regards
    P

Thank you for all your comments.

Advertisement