Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do you play your games?

Options
  • 19-02-2004 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

just wondering how people play their games, specifically 1 player games such as zelda, mgs etc. Do you have to play one straight through before playing another or can you play one for a while, play something else and then go back to the first game?

How do you play your games? 28 votes

Straight through
    0% 0 votes
    Switch between games
    100% 28 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I usually have three or four games on the go, not counting quick blast arcade or Xbox Live games. Gonna be kept busy with Morrowind GoTY coming out tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i swith between loads. sometimes i forget what im playing to. last week i picked up metroid prime after finishing both metroid fusion and zero mission while dying of a hangover in bed and finally finished it. there was a six month break break between and i didnt realise i was at the second last boss.

at the moment im in the middle of playing the following:

Golden Sun
    Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
    Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
    Final Fantasy 6
    Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
    Burnout 2
    Jak and Daxter: The Precurser Legacy
    WRC3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ah jaysus, thanks a bunch Stu!
    i'd forgotten all about zero mission.:(

i've been switching between 2 unfinished gc games & vice city (for the 4th time:rolleyes: ) this week. in a rush to finish them before my new games arrive.
    i should really start getting games 1 at a time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I, like most, play lots of games at once, but thats becaue of my playing habits, recently i got broken sword 3 ,so of course i started playing number 1 again and ordered number 2......and than started playing ICO and grim fandango again just because i really wanted to play adventure games. But I'm too poor to buy new games regularly so i just end up playing old games over and over.

That reminds me, pikmin 2's on the way, better get out the first one...........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I pretty much always play a single player game straight through, otherwise you come back a few days later and have forgotten entirely where you are. Playing it through gievs you a better feel for the charecters (in an RPG anyway) and story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Originally posted by Pugsley
    I pretty much always play a single player game straight through, otherwise you come back a few days later and have forgotten entirely where you are. Playing it through gievs you a better feel for the charecters (in an RPG anyway) and story.

ditto on that, I'm a big zelda and ff player and if I stop playing them I end up starting all over again just to get the flow going again

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

At the moment i tend to switch a lot, when im at home its metroid prime :D and for on the bus ive got metroid fusion.

contemplating zero mission, tis bout €30 on dvdboxoffice but want to finish prime or fusion (preferably both, but im only on thardus in MP so that might take a while) first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I usually play 1 game all the way through and have a few arcade racers or shooters for when I start to get a little sick of it (or in the case of FF Tactics very pissed of).

However at the moment I've been switching between a lot of games. WAs playing FFX-2 for a while but wasn't to impressed and switched to the far better Chrono Trigger. Also got loads of new PC games that I missed because of exams and trying to steadily work through them (silly PC keeps overheating). Also got Castlevania and have started to play that and now I can't stop playing it. It's quite annoying but then again I could be bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I tend to have a few games on the go. But I usually make the stupid mistake of buying more than one game at a time which means I play them all or some get neglected.
    I have a fairly big back log of games to get through atm, but that's because I usually just spend my time playing Champo.

I find I leave massive gaps between playing games too, which mean when I go back I can't remember where I am and in some cases I can't even remember how to play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i don't have much time to game at the moment, seem to get the odd game of dc in online but i usually play multiple games and i've a tendancy to get loads of pc games off people and not actually play em or complete them.

i plan on doing some serious gaming though when college finishes up forever this summer yippee :)

final fantasy XI, final fantasy X2 and i'll give morrowind a lash as well.

disco stu not sure if i asked you this but how is FF crystal chronicles, not sure if its worth getting a gamecube over.

data

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

depends on the game really, im switching between quite a good few games at the moment ( vice city / hidden & dangerous 2 / pro evolution soccer 3 / avp2 )

half life i completed without switching games, same with max payne and max payne 2. Even XIII i completed after going at it for about a day solid. Games that can get me still intrested after a few hours playing i generally complete them right through ( star wars : KOTOR is a great example of this.. )

you get my point hopefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    WAs playing FFX-2 for a while but wasn't to impressed and switched to the far better Chrono Trigger.
    I take it by chrono trigger you mean that old old old old old old old old top down RPG? always meant to get far into that, never found time tho :(

When I was playing it I kind of got distracted by Final Fantasy5 :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yes, I mean the old old... RPG chrono trigger and it's still excellent. Looks gorgeous as well. If only FFX-2 was as good as CT or FF5. Sigh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I usually play a game straight through and then move on to something else. I then come back to the older game and play it through on a more difficult setting eg I finished Metroid Prime then went on to Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and then came back to Metroid and did it on hard. Sometimes though a game like Monkey Ball, F-Zero or Street Fighter will come along and I'll play it solidly almost to exclusitivity for months at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Always straight through... God, those GTA3 marathons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

When i buy a new game i will not sleap until i coomplete it. The only game i havent done that with is SWKOTR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

Normally I kinda switch between games unless I find a really good one(max payne 2 for example).

I finished max payne 2 in less than half a day. Thankfully it ended fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Unless the game is particularly engrossing and I've alot of spare time, I'll generally hop around between games.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

I had to buy a third gc memory card today because I'm in the middle of so many games :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement