Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November's Games: What are you getting?

Options
  • 22-10-2014 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭

November is a very busy month this year and I was wondering, if anyone is getting a game (or multiple games), what are you all getting?

Halo: The Master Chief Collection and GTA V are definitely on my radar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lords of the fallen, far cry and assassins creed in that order I'm sure there are others like Sunset overdrive but will be waiting for feedback on those.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oh god November is an expensive month, lord of the fallen, dragon age, far cry 4 , freedom wars , tears to tiara 2, pes 15 >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Oh god November is an expensive month, lord of the fallen, dragon age, far cry 4 , freedom wars , tears to tiara 2, pes 15 >_<

Forgot about DA:3 /wallet weeps :(

Thats more of a christmas game for me though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Getting Pokémon Omega Ruby definitely, my computer's a bit fecked though so that's likely to be the sum of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

Far Cry 4,COD, Halo and GTA V. Sunset Overdrive could replace GTA but having got to play a little of it, it's very similar to Dead Rising 3 which will tide me over till a price drop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Nothing, got a huge backlog of games to choose from and nothing good comes out till 2015. Might get The Evil Within if performance issues are completely patched either officially (lol) or by the community. Oh, Alien Isolation I guess but I've nearly completed the damn thing with my friend's copy... I'll probably end up waiting for the GotY/Whatever edition than bundles together the announced DLC among any other unannounced additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just got a Wii U, so I have enough to keep me going for a while. I'll get some stuff in the Steam Sale in December, and I'll get Captain Toad Treasure Tracker in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

From the MCV site, so there may be digital-only games not listed:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare|360 , PS3 , PC , PS4 , XBO|Activision Blizzard|November 4th 2014
    Football Manager 2015|PC|Sega|November 7th 2014
    Planes: Fire & Rescue|Wii , 3DS , Wii U|Bandai Namco|November 7th 2014
    The Wolf Among Us|360 , PS3 , PS4 , XBO|Avanquest|November 7th 2014
    Tiers to Tiara 2: Heir of The Overlord|PS3|NIS America|November 7th 2014
    Halo: The Master Chief Collection|XBO|Microsoft|November 11th 2014
    Assassin's Creed: Rogue|360 , PS3|Ubisoft|November 13th 2014
    Assassin's Creed: Unity|PC , PS4 , XBO|Ubisoft|November 13th 2014
    PES 2015|360 , PS3 , PS4 , XBO|Konami|November 13th 2014
    World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor|PC|Activision Blizzard|November 13th 2014
    Digimon All-Star Rumble|360 , PS3|Bandai Namco|November 14th 2014
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Game of the Year Edition|PC|Square Enix|November 14th 2014
    LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham|360 , PS3 , PC , 3DS , Wii U , Vita , PS4 , XBO|Warner Bros|November 14th 2014
    Tales of Hearts R|Vita|Namco Bandai|November 14th 2014
    Far Cry 4|360 , PS3 , PC , PS4 , XBO|Ubisoft|November 18th 2014
    Grand Theft Auto V|PS4 , XBO|Rockstar Games|November 18th 2014
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor|360 , PS3|Warner Bros|November 21st 2014
    Dragon Age: Inquisition|360 , PS3 , PC , PS4 , XBO|EA|November 21st 2014
    Escape Dead Island|360 , PS3|Deep Silver|November 21st 2014
    Minecraft: PS Vita Edition|Vita|SCEE|November 21st 2014
    Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric|Wii U|Sega|November 21st 2014
    Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal|3DS|Sega|November 21st 2014
    Watch Dogs|Wii U|Ubisoft|November 21st 2014
    Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions|PC|Activision Blizzard|November 25th 2014
    Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions|360 , PS3|Activision Blizzard|November 26th 2014
    LittleBigPlanet 3|PS3 , PS4|SCEE|November 26th 2014
    Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom|360 , PS3 , PC , 3DS|Bandai Namco|November 28th 2014
    Persona Q: Shadow of The Labyrinth|3DS|NIS America|November 28th 2014
    Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire|3DS|Nintendo|November 28th 2014

I've bolded my picks for this month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not a whole lot there to interest me. The best of the bunch is Persona Q. Persona 3 and 4 mixed with Etrian Odysey, how much awesome can a game get. Everything else is stuff I'll pick up when it's a fiver on Steam. I'd normally be all over Tears to Tiara 2 and Tales of Hearts R but I've so many RPGs I'll just wait 6 months and get them cheap on play-asia.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,280 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GTAV
    Far Cry 4
    Assassin's Creed Unity
    The Walking Dead Season 1*
    The Walking Dead Season 2*
    The Wolf Among Us
    WWE 2K15

*Think the release date is the last weekend in October, but close enough to November that I'm counting it.

• Advertisement

Defo getting Halo Re-master & GTA V

Never heard of Lords of Fallen, must catch up on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Far Cry 4 for me.

First time since 2009 won't be getting COD

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Penn wrote: »
    GTAV
    Far Cry 4
    Assassin's Creed Unity
    The Walking Dead Season 1*
    The Walking Dead Season 2*
    The Wolf Among Us
    WWE 2K15

*Think the release date is the last weekend in October, but close enough to November that I'm counting it.

Will wolf among us and walking dead season 2 be coming to the One ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm going to get COD and GTA V, will pick up FC 4 and Dragon Age for Xmas when I'll have plenty of time to sink in to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Didn't realise Geometry Wars 3 was out so soon. Add that to my list. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »

wolf among us definitely is, not sure about walking dead season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nothing of interest for me. Getting Bayonetta 1+2 next week (unlikely be delivered this week) so that'll keep me busy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,280 ✭✭✭✭Penn

According to Wikipedia it is. Can't imagine why it wouldn't be anyway, and can't remember hearing anything about it being PS4 exclusive/timed-exclusive, so I'd say it's probably out XBO same day as PS4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not a whole lot there to interest me. The best of the bunch is Persona Q. Persona 3 and 4 mixed with Etrian Odysey, how much awesome can a game get. Everything else is stuff I'll pick up when it's a fiver on Steam. I'd normally be all over Tears to Tiara 2 and Tales of Hearts R but I've so many RPGs I'll just wait 6 months and get them cheap on play-asia.

Ahhhhh crap forgot about tales of hearts r D:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

One of these:
    • Shadow of Mordor
    • TLOU Remastered
    • Diablo 3 Ultimate
    • Alien Isolation

Also Far Cry 4, Bayonetta 1&2 and Civ Beyond Earth (all will arrive in Nov with slow amazon shipping)

And the Mario Kart 8 DLC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

TWD season 2 is on the store already, $24.99

No sign of Wolf Among Us yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Loved Far Cry 3 so more of the same this November is no bad thing. Havent bought a soccer game since 2010 and this seems like a good year to pick up PES again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm trying to finish Demon's Souls (It's only taken me 4 years) by the end of the week but I'm planning on getting Legend of Korra & Lords of the Fallen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Assassins Creed: Unity is the only real stand out one for myself.

I love the idea of Dragon Age games, but couldn't get behind. Though the other half has pre-ordered it, so I may play it anyway.

I wasn't a big fan of Far Cry 3 at all, so 4 isn't massively appealing to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Warlords of Draenor and Pokemon for both me and my girlfriend. Plenty more games I want but when you are looking at over 200 euro already I can wait for the others.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Far Cry 4 is the only one I'm really considering getting at launch, all the rest I'm happy to wait for till there are more solid reviews and any stability issues are resolved. There's just no point in rushing out to buy broken games - until I see a 2 year period without any major game launch issues, I refuse to buy into the corruption any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Halo MCC, PES 2015 and Tales of Hearts R for certain. Then Sunset Overdrive, Lords of the Fallen, CoD Advanced Warfare and Far Cry 4 depending on the reviews and reaction. I'll probably cave and get WoW: Warlords of Deaenor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Nothing of interest for me. Getting Bayonetta 1+2 next week (unlikely be delivered this week) so that'll keep me busy
    Same here. Between the multiple runs through that I can see myself doing and my ominous backlog, I'm not sure I'll be picking up any of the new releases. Alien Isolation will probably be my next new buy followed by Shadow of Mordor I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Warlords of Draenor - might as well go back to playing WoW.

I've given a go with SWTOR, Wildstar and Elder Scrolls Online - all became complete flops...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

All I want for Christmas is a release for The Witness.

Advertisement