Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Technical Institute interivew question?

Options
  • 13-08-2014 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello , I just got my LC results and sadly failed maths and will have to do my plc interview for the course I wanna do which is Multimedia Production and Games Design in GTI. I was wondering does anyone know if this is a hard course to get into? I know courses like hair dressing have a lot of people applying for them so its hard to get into but I have no clue about this course. Have my interview date got and everything. Also does anyone what questions I might be asked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 colms17

Im in the same situation. Have an interview for Applied Social Science on the 26th!. I did an interview for a PLC last year and it was fairly casual and not to uptight so im expecting the same again this year.
    They're likely to ask why you want to do the course and what do you plan on doing once you have completed the course.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

People interviewing for PLC courses are usually staff members. They want to see that you really want to do the course, that you will be able to stick it out and that you will be able for the workload. They don't want to give a place to someone only for them to drop out half way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LCguy90

Did they ask you to provide two passport photos? I thought the request was a bit odd other people I know who applied for PLC's in other schools werent asked for them

• Registered Users Posts: 9 colms17

LCguy90 wrote: »
    Did they ask you to provide two passport photos? I thought the request was a bit odd other people I know who applied for PLC's in other schools werent asked for them

Yeah I was asked for them too. Bit of an annoyance but has to be done.

Im assuming it might be for like a student ID or something? I thought they wouldn't be dealing with that sort of stuff until you actually get the course

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Perhaps they have a large number of applicants and want to be able to remember people?

I hope that's not the reason why haha you know cause id hope theres not a lot of people applying for it so I will have a better chance of getting into it

Advertisement