Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for thigh high boots?

• 07-10-2008 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

hey
    looking for black pvc thigh boots?...looked on ebay but if i could pick up a a pair in ireland or even second hand in very good condition...size 5 or 6..anyone here got a pair or where a might get a pair?or even hire a pair.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from The Ladies Lounge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

sorry just saw the fashion forum now yay:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

i might be in dublin saturday what kind of shop is it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

They do fetish gear, rockabilly stuff and alternative clothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

there are a few fetish shops on South William st, there is one I think called "miss fantasia" is probably your best bet for "fashion", and one on Mary st , that always seems to have lots of shiny stuff in the window..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

That place on Mary street is horrendously expensive. Miss Fantastia would be a better bet though it too is expensive for what it stocks. OP really the best place to get your boots is from eBay. If you have a look at eBay Germany you'll find some good sellers selling good quality boots at reasonable prices.

There is really nowhere in Dublin that stocks good quality boots at fair prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Miss Fantasia has every kind of thigh high PVC boot you can imagine, they are teh sechs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

They are so trashy, they look good on no one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

eth0_ wrote: »

But they might look on her tho, and maybe she needs them for an outfit, or a special night ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

How do you know they're not looking for them for use in the bedroom/in a play/on a photoshoot???

That's quite an opinion there eth0. Don't look good on anyone, or do you mean on you? :rolleyes:

You have no idea what the OP looks like, they may well carry off the look. In saying that however we are around Halloween time so the boots might be for a fancy dress outfit or indeed simply for use indoors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

That's quite an opinion there eth0. Don't look good on anyone, or do you mean on you? :rolleyes:

That's pretty uncalled for, I didn't make any personal attack on the OP, I merely said they don't look good, I never said anything about her figure.

If you're wearing them on an everyday basis or a night out...sorry i've never seen someone on a night out wearing thigh high boots and NOT thought 'trampish'.

That's pretty uncalled for, I didn't make any personal attack on the OP, I merely said they don't look good, I never said anything about her figure.

If you're wearing them on an everyday basis or a night out...sorry i've never seen someone on a night out wearing thigh high boots and NOT thought 'trampish'.

Ah now c'mon this is pot, kettle, black. You said they never looked good on anyone.

well i want them for clubbing and halloween and hear indoors is good too:).have black leather over knees but want shiny pvc ones

I'd say they look the part for clubbing. :pac:

yeah why not for a rock/alternative or a dance gig or even to a normal club for shock value lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

I appreciate its your personal opinion.. but in the same breath you pretty much "disapproved" of the OP/and "anyones", personal choice to get them, and then.. you go on to say.. "anyone wearing them looks like a tramp" , is a bit like walking up to someone, to say they look like a slapper.. , maybe they do... but ... , well, if I have to explain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

trampish is a nice outfit too on the right lady.... anyway doesn't matter if they look good or not as long as the person wearing them is happy with the look, thats all that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Saw some in the window of Motive in the Ilac yesterday, they have laces up the back on the thigh. They are a bit whorish looking though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

hey

try Miss Fantasia's in dublin city maybe.

Is it for part of a halloween costume?? Or are you a keen fisher?? (joke!!) I only ask because it sounds like you want them in a hurry if you want to buy them in ireland (you maybe cant wait for shipping etc...?) But if you can afford to wait a bit, there is a brilliant american store, www.cutesyshoes.com and they dont take that long to deliver to ireland either!!

Just remember to pick the correct shoe size!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

PVC boots and pants are back, seen missus Beckham wearing them a while back and on a few other celebs, surprised people think the OP is into some crazy fetish :rolleyes, example - "liquid leggings"

http://chickdowntown.com/viewproduct.asp?ID=86396

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

PVC boots and pants are back, seen missus Beckham wearing them a while back and on a few other celebs, surprised people think the OP is into some crazy fetish :rolleyes:

Because Victoria Beckham wears them it means theyre back in fashion? God help us all!!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

yeah it is hot.i got a pair on ebay:)they will be here wed or thursday...thigh high platform ones hot indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

got a link? ...just to see how classy they are of course

miles teg wrote: »
    got a link? ...just to see how classy they are of course

I too support the requesting of a link! :pac:

Advertisement