Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Platinum Games making Legend of Korra games!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

still need to get around to korra before I play this so :O

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

still need to get around to korra before I play this so :O

Well that and the 3rd season starts tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Well that and the 3rd season starts tomorrow.

You better not be lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Just finishing the 2nd season. Waaaay better than the 1st season which was pretty poor imo.

That game looks awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Varik wrote: »
    You better not be lying.

http://screencrush.com/avatar-legend-of-korra-season-3-book-change-premiere-clip-trailer/
    Where last season saw ‘The Legend of Korra’ debuting the first episode of the new season from San Diego, IGN revealed that season 3 will in fact debut on June 27 at 7:00 p.m. with a two-part premiere, followed immediately by the third episode! The show will take off for the 4th of July, and return to Friday nights at 8:00 p.m. beginning July 11.

Those American times though, so probs in the middle of the night here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

The PSN symbol and announcment tells me that this might just be a smaller downloadable game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah it is a download game.

I think this announcement fell into the "Well I didn't see that coming" category.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Probably fair to say that Platinum are probably only still around because major publishers and platform holders keep giving them contracts to make games. Nintendo - Bayonetta 2, Konami - Revengence, Microsoft - Scalebound, Activision - this. Surely none of them think the games are actually going to make money and just have some executives who like them or know it will gain some goodwill among the Platinum cultists (I include myself in that category).

It's like Renaissance patronage!

Gameplay and interview with IGN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

A metacritic score of 53

whid.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

MArked down because of a shallow story and too much focus on the combat system... It's a Platinum game for crying out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

The price and the fact that its releasing so close to Bayonetta 2 are worrying to be honest, could still be alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Played up to chapter 4 last night. I'm enjoying it but I'm getting my a$$ handed to me. I'm terrible at these kind of games.
    It's super smooth on the PS4 but it's not really pushing the hardware at all.
    The bending is great especially at the start when you get to flail around with all 4 elements to get used to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Played up to chapter 4 last night. I'm enjoying it but I'm getting my a$$ handed to me. I'm terrible at these kind of games.
    It's super smooth on the PS4 but it's not really pushing the hardware at all.
    The bending is great especially at the start when you get to flail around with all 4 elements to get used to the system.

Chuffed to hear a halfway positive sentiment about it; reactions seem to be of the 'mixed-to-negative' variety thus far.

Thought this was going to be a full price game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'll see if I can find some more player opinions.

Or just buy it after I finish MGR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Varik wrote: »
    Thought this was going to be a full price game.

There's still a 4 quid price difference between the US and EU release. It's 14.99 in both regions. Mind, if you've got a multi-region system, then it's moot. Yeah, pointless complaint, mostly, but it still gives me chuckles the see them pull this craic in 2014.

I might give it a run-through to tide me over to Bayonetta 2.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    There's still a 4 quid price difference between the US and EU release. It's 14.99 in both regions. Mind, if you've got a multi-region system, then it's moot. Yeah, pointless complaint, mostly, but it still gives me chuckles the see them pull this craic in 2014.

I might give it a run-through to tide me over to Bayonetta 2.

It's got mixed reviews now but I thought it was going to be €40-70 euro dependant on where and how you bought it so even if it's mixed it's hard to complain for either €15/$15 in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Yeah I'm probably still going to buy this to be honest even with the mixed reviews, 15 quid sounds about right for the 4-5 hours of gameplay on offer.

Advertisement