Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanic for a service and track rod end

Options
  • 20-10-2014 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a reliable mechanic to service a 07 petrol passat and put in a track rod end for me?

Someone who won't cost the earth and will stamp the book for me.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Martin Talbot in Sheepmoor done work on mine and herselfs car and done a good job.

Not sure about stamping the book,always assumed a main dealer had to do that,but i could be wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

I've had my cars serviced, maintained and repaired by Ellis Poynton junior, at the back of Brigid's church for over a decade.

I've found him to be flawless.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

DC Auto in Rosemount business park.

Nice guy, explains all the work he has done and shows replaced parts and why they needed replacement

Probably not the cheapest but i drop my car off there for service, guy drops me off at work and picks me up again too after work, all work done on the car.
    No need to take a day off for service or waste a saturday on it.
    That is also worth a lot of money to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

brightkane wrote: »
    Someone who won't cost the earth and will stamp the book for me.
    When choosing a mechanic always ask if they will stamp, date an note the mileage in your Service History Log Book. Do this in advance of the work been done. If they refuse, just take your business elsewhere, as the mechanic / garage concerned isn't fit to service your car or van.

Any reputable mechanic, will always. stamp your Service History Log Book.

Advertisement