Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel's Original Sin Event

Options
  • 07-09-2014 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else read this and think it was fairly awful? Like, worse than Age of Ultron awful?

Comments

Currently rereading the brilliant Scalped and was kinda looking forward to seeing what Jason Aaron would do with an ongoing Avengers tale but after a flick through the first issue it wasn't for me. It's been a long time since Marvel has appealed to me, their ongoing reboots have and relaunches irritate me and their limited series have for the most part been garbage. Age of Ultron was a joke of a comic and the only reason the final issue came sealed was so that nobody would pick it up in store and open it to realise that it really was that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Aaron's work on Thor has been fantastic but Original Sin just didn't hit any of the right beats. There's a lot of decent stuff coming from Marvel recently but the big events haven't been good at all since Civil War....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Aaron's work on Thor has been fantastic but Original Sin just didn't hit any of the right beats. There's a lot of decent stuff coming from Marvel recently but the big events haven't been good at all since Civil War....

I thought Civil War was probably the most awful event of the lot, apart from maybe Avengers vs X-Men....or Fear Itself. There are quite a few great individual titles from Marvel at the moment but the last really great event was probably Inferno and that was a quarter of a century ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I loved Civil War. I don't even want to talk about AvX. It gives me nightmares, it's so bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I loved Civil War. I don't even want to talk about AvX. It gives me nightmares, it's so bad!

Aye, I know I'm probably in a minority when it comes to Civil War, it seems to be fairly popular all around, I must give it a re-read sometime, it's been a while. My main problem was how out of character Tony Stark and Reed Richards were acting, it seemed to me that Millar was trying to get them to fit into the plot that he had in mind.

Probably my favourite Marvel events of recent years were the cosmic ones, the Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest and the War of Kings/Realm of Kings series were great and are currently being reprinted due to the success of Guardians of the Galaxy, there's about a half dozen worth of films in those events alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I can't remember the last Marvel event I read. Probably Siege in the Marvel U and Death of Spider-man in Ultimate. In fact only Marvel I'm reading at the moment is X Factor, Avengers Undercover (due to Chase and Nico being in it), Death of Wolverine, Amazing Spidey and Spidey 2099. 2 of those will be finishing soon

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

I have to say I like Millers take on the Marvel universe, Civil War and Old Man logan are possibly My favorite story's in Marvel. He steps away from the " Safe" Good guys winning and the bad guys getting away with a bruised arm Ala A-Team stunt men.
    AvX and Fear itself ware awful, Nothing new to add to the story " Bring back a few bad guys or mess with a good guy's head and make him bad". Its a very old story. At least Millar is not afraid to shake things up a little.
    I haven't picked up "Original Sin" simply because of My disappointment with big ark Marvel story's of late. That said, DC are making a complete Mess of "Futures end", Far too much time is wasted on each issue telling You nothing, Lovely drawn panels on a page, But a plodding story going no ware, Makes You wish for the Futures end, Just to see the end of this.

Too Harsh?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The thing with Future's End is that they've now said it's canon so it means all the comics should be there in 5 years.
    So that's gonna be weird with Batgirl considering with regard he Future's End jump
    They're doing the seemingly big character change next issue of her series yet she seems her current self in this, getting married 2 years from now and then taking on Stephanie and a returning Cassandra within the 3 years after that

Since they've said they're doing it in real time, they need to get moving on the lead up to these events

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

Original Sin - absolute mess, isn't it?! Terrible!

Advertisement