Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an installer in the Cavan area

Options
  • 27-11-2015 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I've been looking for an installer for either a Siemens alarm or its equivalent in the Cavan area, near Virginia, but not having much luck so far. So far they won't even call out to do a survey and want to quote over the phone. Is this normal? I also haven't found anyone locally yet that can do the siemens alarm.
    I was looking for a good siemens alarm (or equivalent) based on research on boards, I want to be able to monitor that alarm myself basically.
    In short, I'm looking for some recommendations (by pm please) for installers that might do some work out my way, assuming this isn't against the charter, if it is, MOD please delete?
    My setup is as follows;
    New house, wired as follows;
    • 3 wire to doors, 1 front and 2 rear, looking for shock and contacts here.
    • 5 wires in downstairs rooms for PIR's
    • 1 wire near the back door, presumably for a keypad?
    • 2 wires in the upstairs landing, PIR presumably for one and I'm guessing the second is for a smoke alarm or internal siren?
    • 1 wire coiled in the attic, presumably for an external siren.

All wires including a phone cable are hanging loose near the consumer unit downstairs.

There are no wires to any downstairs windows and there are 7 that would be big enough to enter through. Should these be fitted with wireless shock and contacts too?

Any help or recommendations greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys and gals in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I sent you a PM with details of a good installer out that way that will look after you.
    It baffles me why some installers turn down work rather than install something different.

Advertisement