Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV system

Options
  • 13-11-2015 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hello folks,
    Chadwicks have a CCTV camera system on sale ( 299 E. down from 399E.). 4 channel DVR recorder, 500gb surveillance hard drive, up to 30 days recording, 2 analogue vari focal cameras.
    My question: Is it good value? I will be recording only - not viewing by phone etc. It's DIY installation, that's no bother. Comments appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

noddyone2 wrote: »
    Hello folks,
    Chadwicks have a CCTV camera system on sale ( 299 E. down from 399E.). 4 channel DVR recorder, 50gb surveillance hard drive, up to 30 days recording, 2 analogue vari focal cameras.
    My question: Is it good value? I will be recording only - not viewing by phone etc. It's DIY installation, that's no bother. Comments appreciated.
    No. Don't waste your time with analogue

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

+1 to the comment above. I'dI'd imagine it's poor enough but 50 gig has to be a mistake, because you won't get 30 days recording on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

Id like to upgrade my cctv, Can anyone recommend an alternative for that price range? When I look online there are thousands to choose from. Very confusing l want four cameras all out door want to be able to view from phone. Plug and play

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

TBH nothing in that price range is going to be worth it. Your better off looking at the suppliers list and do your shopping there. You will get better value for your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

No. Don't waste your time with analogue

For something better you would need to increase your budget.
    Id have a look at the LTS HD gear, great value for money.
    People are moving away from analog due to the quality of these other system that is available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭baby builder

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭illingworth22

KoolKid wrote: »
    TBH nothing in that price range is going to be worth it. Your better off looking at the suppliers list and do your shopping there. You will get better value for your money.

Could you pop up the link for suppliers, I can't seem to see it!

Whooops..... I found it, Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 alandukes

Mod Edit.
    Looks like an advertisement to me . Please read the rules of the site and this charter

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Mod Edit
    Copied post removed

Saw them at the Ideal Homeshow at the RDS. Their display was very good with lots of people around it.

But I'd imagine you can get better? €399 for 1 camera.. I'd rather go up to €1k for a decent system.

Sounds like you work for them, Alan. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4 alandukes

Mod Edit.
    Ok it really looks like advertising.
    Alan please follow the site rules , check the forum charter before posting

• Advertisement
Advertisement