Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

biological and chemical science first year, physics query?

Options
  • 31-08-2015 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I am about to start first year of biological and chemical sciences in ucc. I did not study physics for the leaving cert. Any advice? Also what exactly will be covered in the physics module, what topics eg. light, energy, mechanics, etc. because i can't find a list online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Fame and Demise

I am about to start first year of biological and chemical sciences in ucc. I did not study physics for the leaving cert. Any advice? Also what exactly will be covered in the physics module, what topics eg. light, energy, mechanics, etc. because i can't find a list online.

From the book of modules... Physical quantities and problem solving, mechanics, properties of matter, waves, heat, electromagnetism, optics, modern physics

http://www.ucc.ie/modules/descriptions/PY.html#PY1010

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Physics for Biochem is easily the most hated module of the year. :pac:

I personally struggled a lot having not done physics before also. I found the 2 lecturers hard to understand and follow (both German lads) but to be fair to them they're so passionate about the subject. :P
    I would say definitely do the online homeworks, I think they account for about 10%. For the actual module material id say to isolate the formulae and make sure you know them 100%. If you're struggling make sure you apply for the PAL sessions (basically 3rd yr physics students giving grinds) and attend the tutorials!

If you're not great at maths you might struggle but honestly put the work in, maybe use online sources for bits you don't get or ask friends. you'll be fine!

Advertisement