Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck with Geography 2007 Question

Options
  • 25-04-2011 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Its about a climatic or geomorphological region.

Would the Burren in Co. Clare or the Giants Causeway in Northern Ireland be suitable as a geomorphological region?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

yeah that would be fine.

Burren - Limestone pavement

Giants Causeway - basalt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

apkbarry wrote: »
    yeah that would be fine.

Burren - Limestone pavement

Giants Causeway - basalt

You sure because this is a regional question, not a physical one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Duda17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

karaokeman wrote: »
    You sure because this is a regional question, not a physical one.

Dont mean to be a jackass or anything but you couldve been a bit more elaborate with the question. The two words you used most likley point to a physical question.

But yeah...I dont have the question infront of me, but I assume it would have something to do with how a regions geomorphic make-up effects industry in that area.

The burren would still be an alright example (I.e there is no industry). Paris Basin might be a bit better though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭amortentia

For geomorphological region, do the Burren. It's in the revision book I have. Describe the formation, flora and fauna etc. Basically limestone pavement just with a bit of extra stuff about the Burren area itself. I assume you could do the Giants Causeway aswell or the one you mentioned.

IMO the climatic region is easier. Mine is the Mediterranean climate because it overlaps with my biome but you can do Irelands Cool Temperate Oceanic climate. You just describe the temperatures, rainfall, what causes the climate (high pressure over land, low at sea etc), plants there, stuff like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement