Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music practical - 6 pieces

Options
  • 26-01-2015 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

would all 6 pieces have to be a grade 6/7 standard? Or could I play four grade 6/7 and two maybe grade 5 but played really well?
    appreciate any answers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

To be fair to all students in ireland who begin music in 1st year, the general standard is Grade 5. (accounting for the students who don;t do Transiition Year).

So from your perspective you could do whatever combination you like.

Be careful of choosing technically difficult pieces for the sake of it (this is a common trap advanced students fall into). Pick 6 peaces that you can rattle off fairly well.
    I used to recommend that students chose a varied program (major/minor keys/fast/slow/baroque/classical/jazz). but lately I just say to play to their strengths.. if they want to play 6 Bach preludes then go for it.... (assuming those 6 preludes are your best selection).

Advertisement