Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underfloor heating

Options
  • 30-07-2014 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm currently looking at bidding on a house that has underfloor zoned heating. I am concerned about this feature as I've heard a lot of negative things about UFH. Is this a reasonable concern? Is it a big deal to convert to radiators?

Thank you.

Comments

Underfloor works very well, what your reading about is badly fitted underfloor and home owners who don't understand it and have no wish to understand it.

You may find the heating system needs a bit of love but that would be the same for a rad system as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

I have underfloor heating in parts of my house. I also have radiators in other parts. To be honest I've cut down using both and prefer heating the house with a wood burning stove in my sitting room. I think these days a lot of people do the same and have several ways of heating house. Even though I don't particularly like the underfloor heating, and prefer rads, it wouldn't put me off buying a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

like most things. its how its installed and how you use it,if I was building my own house id install ufh downstairs,and have each room individually zoned over rads all day long

Advertisement