Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Shield for stove

Options
  • 30-07-2014 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭

I have a wood burning stove installed in my house, very close to a wall. I had it checked by a heating company and they advised to install a heat shield behind the stove to protect the wall. I previously had a glass plate installed behind which did the job fine, but when getting the house painted recently, the painters managed to shatter the glass. As this was the second piece of glass that was there (I managed to drop the first one while installing it :o), I reckon I should get something a bit less brittle.

Any recommendations on what (and where) I can use ? Since it's in the family room of what is a fairly modern and minimally decorated room, I don't want anything old-fashioned. I have attached some pictures for reference.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Hi, just curious if you got a heat shield for your stove? I'm looking to get one for the back of my stove and for the two stove pipes. Just wondering where you got yours as the only place, I can see them available is America/Canada.

Thanks

Advertisement